Extra Easy What food do you keep in your desk drawers at work?

KatD90

Emergency rations? Lunches? Mid-morning snacks?

I've finally got my own desk after hot desking for ages and would like to bring in some supplies to keep me going! Have got a microwave, kettle and fridge to work with.

I don't really keep a great deal in my desk at work. The meals I eat usually keep me going, but there are just a couple of things I have:

Alpen Light bars: Just 3 Syns each or 2 for a Healthy B choice. I usually take fruit into work for my breakfast and have a bar with that. Great if you're feeling peckish

Tea and Sweeteners: Lots of different flavours, all free and great for water intake. My new favourite at the moment is Tesco Finest Chocolate Tea :drool:

MugShots: I only keep these as an emergency, as I don't like to eat too much processed food. They're great if you're struggling though, or if you're hungry and lunch time is ages away. The 0% variety are Free, with the 1% and 2% ranging from 0.5 to about 3 Syns.

One "in dire emergency" mugshot, a pack of weetabix, sachets of porridge, sachets of options, various fruit tea bags.

I don't actually keep much in my draw at work, i bring what I want for the day from home everyday. I do have a pack of tictacs and a pack of mini chuppa chups lollies incase of sugar emergencies. I did have a pack of mikado too but that was a mistake, I ate the whole packet in 2 days, so putting them in there again.

I have a selection of Oaty/Alpen bars for the sweet munchies. A 6-pk of Dr Pepper Zero for a change from builders or herbal tea. A tub of cous cous, a couple of snack pack of baked beans, couple of small tins of chopped toms (this is one of my old time fave lunches and is ready in minutes). Some Mug Shots.

Most of the above are emergency rations as I tend to take something fresh in every day perhaps some home made soup from freezer, SW mini quiche or left overs from previous evenings meal. On Fridays, a colleague & I usually order a baked spud from the local industrial estate cafe nearby.

I've also stopped having breakfast 'just because I've recently got up' and take porridge makings or a magic porridge into work with some fresh fruit for when I really do feel hungry around 0930hrs.

Oooo good thread: -

Mugshots
Options
Ryvita
Alpen light bars
Salt and pepper
Vinegar (just in case salad needs a little lift)

Love the idea of keeping some bean snackpots in the drawer, we have a micro downstairs...

Kirstles
x

Thanks for the inspiration team! So far I have green tea, mugshots, options and velvet crisps :) Think I'm going to make some fat free dip to keep at work and then I can take in veg to dip for snacks :)

I snack on fruit all day so I'll have a few apples, satsumas & some strawberries (in the fridge).

I usually keep a Special K bar & a curly wurly too, depending on if I fancy chocolate that day. Plus a bag of WW crisps, they're low in syns.

I'll often have a mugshot which is for emergencies only, I don't really like to have them.

I have LOADS of food in my desk. Many boxes of teas, mugshots, packet soup (with syn values written on), hi fi bars, ryvita minis, ryvita crispbreads, scan bran, snak-a-jaks, marmite, beef jerky, alpen light bars, some individually wrapped chocolates, dried fruit, can of tuna. On top of that, I have a fruit bowl on the go every day! Plus laughing cow, babybel and yogurts in the fridge.

:eek: I really fear being hungry. I'm one of those people who rarely feels full, so I try to prepare for this!

I always take fruit to keep on my desk. I buy some bananas at the start of the week and put them on my desk. Usually a few plums and satsumas as well. I also have a few mug shots in case I forget my lunch and a few curly wurlys for emergencies!

I dont keep anything in my desk drawers as it would all be gone in one day!!...unfortunately i was not blessed with willpower!!

I've been lucky enough to have a fridge in work so usually stick a big bag of spinach in there - I find it can beef out any lunch I bring in and tastes nice with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Love this thread, I love fruit and could eat it all day but it never makes me feel full so always looking out for new ideas!

I keep in uni

- MUG SHOTS
- LOW FAT SUPER NOODLES
- SWEETNER

(all free)

and synned
- rice crispies (for when I don't have brekkie)
and weight watchers hot chocolate i graqbbed from poundland on a whim think its 2.5 syns

I don't keep anything in my drawer, I always take my lunch & lots of fruit to work, that usually keeps me going until I get home & have my tea. I'm lucky to have a husband who has my tea ready for when I get home:D
I wish I had one of these!!

Back