What gives?!

I know I shouldn't obsessively weigh myself, but I do because I'm human (I think.... lol). My scales have not moved since Monday. Bit peeved?! I have lost an inch off my tummy though, but I wanted 2lbs this week so I get my 2 stone! What's going on?!

i feel your pain lol..i want them to move to and im on second week...my advice and i really should take it myself is hide your scales lol xxx

I know I shouldn't obsessively weigh myself, but I do because I'm human (I think.... lol). My scales have not moved since Monday. Bit peeved?! I have lost an inch off my tummy though, but I wanted 2lbs this week so I get my 2 stone! What's going on?!
Didn't you say you might be per menstral?? Maybe a bit of water retention? X

Didn't you say you might be per menstral?? Maybe a bit of water retention? X

To be honest, I haven't got a clue! I was feeling a bit crampy but it could be ovulation time (I get cramps then too - yay!) My TOTM's have been all over the place since they came back after having my youngest.

I hadn't thought of that though - thanks! :)

Try drinking a bit more! i usually lose more during TOTM its the week 2 weeks before that it affects me everyone is different , some days i weigh myself and scales haven't moved the next day i might have lost 3lbs so I try not to weigh too often and stick with my cc's scales! When is ur wi? x

I'll try upping the water, thanks :) My WI is Monday morning xx

Thanks lovely! I'm a-trying :) xx

I had this all the time on Cambridge ! I still lost 2 stone 2lbs in 8 weeks though and am 2 or 3lbs from target now

My advice would be to keep water consumption to two litres and if you can don't eat the bars! Above all remember that Cambridge say a stone off a month on average - this was certainly true for me

Keep going! It will happen

Ha - I controversially contradict advice given by blod : )

I've never been a believer in the litres and litres of water a day . Sooner or later your body will hang on to it - all it does is force your kidneys to work harder past a certain amount. Now I base this on nothing but my sneaking suspicion, although general advice these days is just to drink when you feel the need to. Obviously on Cambridge this is a little different - you must drink more as the shakes etc are so concentrated.

:D Thanks hun. I've already decided to try and not have the bars. So far so good today. I'm not enjoying them as much as I used to anyway! I never manage to go much over what they say you must drink because I find it quite difficult to drink 2.25 litres as it is! I did really well drinking a lot the first week though. Well done on your weight loss! xx

Everyone is different GretaGrip but from my experience if I drink the water as I should then my losses are greater! x

They do say the more you drink the more you shrink! Defo true of me my first week! xx

I always find I lose more when I drink 3 litres a day. I sometimes struggle and on these weeks my losses have been lower. It could just be coincidence though. I think drinking so much water is the hardest part of this diet for me.

Yes, everyone is different.

My losses were never effected by water consumption and it is the one part of the diet that I remain skeptical about. 2 litres for me was more than enough, have to say.

1 glass would be enough for me... lol!

They still haven't moved :( xx

I get water retention as soon as I ovulate and it lasts until my TOTM starts. Maybe you're the same?

My losses have really slowed down too. True I am on Step 2, but on most days I do SS+ more than Step 2 as I don't use my milk allowance.

I just had a look at your losses: blimey! 21lbs in one week!! That's brill!!! xxx

I wonder if I'm ovulating instead of TOTMing? I get cramps for that too - yay! TMI but I'm not peeing as much as I was before so maybe that has something to do with it. It's very discouraging though. I feel hungry today too. Bah!

No idea how I managed 21lbs to be honest - I was flabbergasted! xx

I wonder if I'm ovulating instead of TOTMing? I get cramps for that too - yay! TMI but I'm not peeing as much as I was before so maybe that has something to do with it. It's very discouraging though. I feel hungry today too. Bah!

No idea how I managed 21lbs to be honest - I was flabbergasted! xx

From ovulation to first day of TOTM, I'm a hormonal monster, so I know how that feels :sigh: And I retain water too :(

21lbs is more or less what I lost in a month!!! :D It's the biggest loss I have ever seen on these boards! xxx

I've seen some blokes do more.... I don't *think* I'm a man :confused: lol - I had just finished TOTM when I got weighed for my start weight so maybe I was retaining still. Thanks hun :) I know I can't complain about this week cos I've had a good loss the first 2 weeks but still - when you aren't eating and everyone else is, it's a bit poo. lol xx

Back