What got you started on this journey???

nicci79

I was just wondering what peoples reasons for starting their journeys was?

What got me started on this mission was watching My Big FAT Operation, there was a huge woman laying on this (double sized) operating table and the doctor said " She may be this big, but we are still operating on a skinny person inside". All of a sudden i felt smothered. i had never though about it like that before, So glad i watched that!!

Also my kids School sports day, mum run!!!! (unfortunately, recently i found out that they don't do it at my kids school, shame that!!) x x x:eek:

nicci79 said:
I was just wondering what peoples reasons for starting their journeys was?

What got me started on this mission was watching My Big FAT Operation, there was a huge woman laying on this (double sized) operating table and the doctor said " She may be this big, but we are still operating on a skinny person inside". All of a sudden i felt smothered. i had never though about it like that before, So glad i watched that!!

Also my kids School sports day, mum run!!!! (unfortunately, recently i found out that they don't do it at my kids school, shame that!!) x x x:eek:

Wow. Interesting way to think about it. For me I was just desperate to finally lose the weight. Have been on one diet or another continuously for at least eight years needed to change something. X

The good thing about VLCD's is that there is such a quick loss that you don't have the time to get down about the weight loss do you!? what bugs me is the slow process, because at 20 odd stone 1lb a week is going to take forever and it seems such a long way off that i give up!! but to lose 1st 7lb in 2 weeks, NOW THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

nicci79 said:
The good thing about VLCD's is that there is such a quick loss that you don't have the time to get down about the weight loss do you!? what bugs me is the slow process, because at 20 odd stone 1lb a week is going to take forever and it seems such a long way off that i give up!! but to lose 1st 7lb in 2 weeks, NOW THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Exactly. I'm hoping reaching goal quickly and then slowly learning new eating tactics will keep me there x the fast changes definitely makes it easier to stay on track tho x

I spent the year last year backpacking australia and asia and i got really depressed at how my weight limited me to doing alot of what i wanted and the photos made me feel sick i thinki finally saw myself for the size i was and this was the final straw i had been unhappy for years about my weight and i didnt wana be that girl anymore sooooo i am going back for another year in january and i will be diving out a plane this time and be in alot of my photos!!! =D

love it Yolandie, i would love to do a parachute jump too. i am rather daring really, i can't wait to see what life as a slimmer person holds for me!!

I think it's just constantly seeing clothes I want to wear, but knowing I'd have to cover up more or not be able to pull it off so having to opt for my comfortable go to style. Also I have a friend going away for the summer and I would really love to go visit her, I couldn't do that looking like I do now.

Me..... Size 14 got really tight & couldn't bring myself to by size 16 suits.... The last time I did that 2007... I cut all the labels out...!!

Works Christmas party the girls had a video of me dancing and my little black dress was an expensive size 16.... Then early this March I didn't recognise myself in the mirror "my face" so chubby.....

March 13th started week 6 tomorrow at present moment 24lb.... If I make 4lb tomorrow it will be 2stone :) :)

Exciting times ahead......

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

ooh good luck honey! i am off to do my 10 minute Yoga Flex!! x x

I realised I was only staying with the bloke I was with because I thought no one would want me the size I was. He was a feeder I was 9 stone when I met him 3.5 years down the line I was 16.9 stone.
Didn't wanna be in that relationship anymore and if I am going to meet someone i won't meet any1 at my size and want to be back being happy and confident like I used to be
Day 37 nearly over 27lbs down
80lbs to go

Sophie

I just got fed up with myself. Always made excuses for my eating. I even thought I had reverse anorexia, looked in the mirror and I couldn't really see how fat I was. Had surgery last week and on that it was written obese....stop me quickly from thinking I was a size 10. But more importantly I just want to be around for my kids.

Back