what happens if I "cheat"?

Mrs_H87

Hello! Im on step 2 week 3 at the moment and really feel like I need a treat to look forward to, so I have decided that the weekend the mother in law comes down I will have a meal out "off plan". Its not for another month yet but I feel that having that to look forward to will help me stick to this 100% until then!
My question is, if I enjoy a meal out (plus alcohol!), what sort of gain should I expect to see the following week? Is it the end of the world to come off plan for one evening? I'd appreciate hearing your experiences! Thank you xx

It's not so much the weight gain (which for me would have been about 4 lbs), it's the coming out of and re-entering ketosis so basically it puts you right back at day 1 again and the rotten days 1-4 side effects. Plus it is very dangerous to drink alcohol on this diet. After doing it and regretting it I personally found it just wasn't worth it in the early days to come off plan.

For me yes- once I cheat I find it really really difficult to get back on plan- and I can easily gain 10-12 lbs on one/ two days off and it then takes me a week or 2 to reverse that - if I can get back onto plan. If you are going to drink you really should make sure you are well out of ketosis before hand ( I know some people just eat a meal before drinking but you really should give it more time to make sure you are properly out- ketosis and alcohol really aren't worth the risk! Then you will have to get back into ketosis again - think week one all over again.

can you not plan a non food treat instead? Spa treatment or something like that?

I found alcohol really not worth it. I had a birthday out at the end of my first week and I really wanted some nice, local cider! It didn't affect my weight loss too seriously but I think that was because it was the first week.

Could you maybe try and go somewhere and have a meal that would fit within SS+ like Chicken Salad with no dressing. That's what I'm trying to do as a lot of my social situations involve food and I'd rather go and enjoy in moderation then not see my friends at all for a long time as I have 7 more stone to loose.

Back