What happens to body after weight loss??

pinkyblonde1

Hi everyone
I was just wondering how my body will look when im at a healthy weight (4stone to lose) as in the stomach will have loose skin?? Stretchmarks?? Cellulite?? I see these weight loss stories and bikini shots in magazines etc but realistically can a body really change?
(I am exercising doing 1hr cardio 3 times a week) Any advice plz, what exercise should i be doing? Xxx

If I am right in thinking that you want to lose about 4 stone, then you shouldn't have many problems with loose skin; as long as you aren't losing weight too quickly.

As you're doing cardio, you should just be burning fat, not muscle; which is going to help. For the best results, you'll want to add in some weights training. The more muscle you build, the tighter you're skin will become. Also, exfoliate everyday and use moisturizer to make sure that your skin is in the best condition.

Lots and lots of toning/strength building exercises. Jillian Michael might be hellpsawn but she does the most amazing DVDs. I lost 8.5 inches overall in 6 weeks doing her 30DS recently. Great for calorie burn too - in 25 minutes I can burn 200+ calories and I pride myself on being pretty cardio fit now. Have a look on YouTube - I think you can get all three levels on there free if you don't want to buy the DVD, but mine only cost a fiver off eBay!

Try to limit your losses to 1-2lbs per week otherwise you will start to burn lean body mass, which you don't want to lose, as well as fat . And definitely try to work in some weights too - don't worry, contrary to popular belief, you won't bulk up unless you are bench pressing massive weights and taking boy hormones :eek:

Back