What happens when you reach maintenance?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by weepingwillow, 20 March 2011 Social URL.

1. weepingwillow

weepingwillow Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I need to pick your brains about what happens when you reach your goal weight. What exactly does maintenance mean and what does it entail?
    I had planned to switch to Slimming World once I hit my target weight but I'm worried I wont be able to do green days after being on CD (I love green days as I am almost a veggie....or a part-time veggie, some might say ;) and prefer spuds and pasta any day over meat)
    Any info would be brilliant!
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Your counsellor will help you through the plans of gradually introducing all foods back into your diet, there are booklets that will explain things to you too I think x

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
  5. determinator

determinator Banned

hi :D when you get to BMI 25 you have to move up to the 810 plan then from there you can go all the way to goal or move up the steps whilst still loosing . It is really important that you move up the CD steps before you go onto SW I made that mistake and gained a whole stone in a matter or weeks ! The CD steps introduce carbs , and specific low GI carbs , very gradually and you will start on 1000 plan then 1200 , 1500 etc then you can think about your maintenence plan .
    I think you may be able to do green days on SW but stick to low GI foods , like brown rie / pasta / bread , sweet potato instead of normal ... but i would say work up the plans then worry about that !!

6. weepingwillow

weepingwillow Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Brill, thanks :) You should become a CDC!!! I have found out loads just by reading your posts! I'll definitely be sticking to CD and moving up the plans so fingers crossed I wont gain anything if I have low GI carbs on SW.

7. weepingwillow

weepingwillow Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks Eclipse. I have a weigh-in tomorrow so will ask my counsellor about the booklets

8. determinator

determinator Banned

thanks , I have been thinking about becoming a CDC and may well look into it in septmeber when my youngest starts pre school :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.