What hobbies to keep you busy?

Mini~Mummy~2~B

Do any of you have any hobbies that you use to keep yourself busy. Before Christmas I handmade a tree ornament for a friend out of felt and loved it so much that I started making little things out of felt and fabric. I was pretty rubbish to start with as have never been shown how to do it but am so much better now and have made loads.

I make personalised bunting with kids names on, little padded hearts with initials on to hang on things, brooches, keyrings (quite a lot of Pagan related things too).

I find it great for keeping my hands busy on a night which is my usual time for snacking. I sell a few bits to friends on Facebook and on Ebay, don't make much from it at all but it's really satisfying when someone really likes something and their payment covers new materials for me to keep busy :D

Anyone else have any hobbies?

knitting, sewing and crochet mainly. occasionally I do stuff with polymer clay (Fimo) but not as often as I used to.
I sew mainly clothes for my little girl, and cushion covers. I try to sell stuff, but never make much. to be honest, I prefer to keep it as a hobby. as such I try to get my materials as cheap as possible.

oh, and I was one of craftster.org's best of 2011 winners lol.

I play piano and write songs/play covers.
I make little animals out of blu tac
I paint my nails

That's what I do to keep my hands busy so I don't snack.

I caught the "Guitar" bug last year. I have played a few instruments for years but I am well and truly into my guitar. I play about an hour a day at least, sometimes up until 2-3 hours. Trouble is I have started spending more on it and now have 4 guitars! lol. Mind you my boredom and hunger moods are very closely linked so it keeps my hands out the biscuit jar!

Back