What I am learning in Consolidated

scotconnect

Consolidated week 1

1) A pasta meal is really filling!
2) A buffet is the worst possible form of meal.! was at a wedding and looking forward to having our celebration meal but it was a buffet which threw me off course. Ok if there's lots of food you want to eat but it was all those nibbly things which are a diet nightmare. Also didnt stick to the "no second helpings" rule! ANyway i am overjoyed not to have put on weight mainly because I think subconsciouslly i was very strict wth myself the next day.
3) Stewed apple with custard is heavenly!
4) Stuck to 1 slice of wholemeal Hovis during the week usually with some low fat cheese so we had cheese on toast for supper. Now discovered Morrisons wholemeal bread is thinner so can have 2 slices a day but will probably stick to 1 for now.

Scott good you haven't put on. Im having family for games the Saturday before xmas so ill be doing a buffet so at least im incontrol.but im dreading going to partys and resisting. My starch meal today was leek and potato soup....very nice

Sid you have the most restrained starch meals ever!! X

Im scared.....

Consolidation week 2
My weight went back down to goal and hubbie is a pound under!
I had another pasta starch meal and this time it was wholewheat. However also ate potatoes at another meal i was out at. Only 2 but....
I am finding this a difficult time as there are so many meals out of the house
Made some "festive muffins" by adding lots of spices to the muffin recipe plus orange and lemon juice and some apple. They are fab. I am usually a big eater of mince pies at this time of year and these are helping fill the gap.
No longer making brioche which i used to eat every day with afternoon tea. As am having bread for supper we are eating more of the muffins (used to be a 2 a day, now 3) to get the oatbarn fix
Am constipated as not eating as much rhubarb or wheat bran
For celebration meal had home made veggie soup, lamb and 3 potatoes and veg and a mulled wne fruit crumble from tesco!
Am not eating cheese or bread every day as just not hungry enough!
Caz

Caz your doing fantastic and your other half . well done on finding your mince pies alternative xxx

Consolidation week 3
Well put on 1 pound a half but not surprised as I am finding this time of year really challenging. Succumbed to a penguin bar this week which is my first one for nearly 5 months!
Ate out for daughters birthday and was very good for 1st 2 courses and had a big ice cream sundae for pudding. Worth every mouthful!
Sometimes I am dreading protein Thursday abut other time look forward to it as eating more food every day feels like cheating. has anyone else experienced this?
2 more meals a way from home meant I could not keep to diet too strictly so i didnt have a celebration meal at home as feel ive had bits of such meals all week!
At least 2 more meals out this week! I will be glad when i can eat normally again!

Caz I agree, conso does feel like cheating for me its the fruit xxx I missed it so much xxx but Im still wary of my starch day.......not at all confident with pasta. rice atm xxx

Consolidation weeks 4-5
This must be worst time of year to be on diet. We are not having seperate starch meals as feel ive ate potatoes at about 4 meals recently!
Have ate duck and goose at christmas which i know isnt really allowable. However made a Dukan trifle and it was great. No different from any others ive had. Also made prawn cocktail with dukan mayonnaise so slightly virtuous
However ate at least 6 mince pies over the week after avoiding them up to now!
Hubbie hasnt put on any weight over christmas and i am waiting till next monday to weigh myself! Put on 1 pound last week so now 3 pounds up on Target weight.
Got an electric cupcake maker for Christmas so looking foward to lots of muffin type experiments!. Also going to attempt pavlova for new year
Anyway what ive now learned on consolidated is that my sweet tooth has only been dormant and not banished. i cant have just one taste or piece of anything without wanting lots more. Hope my will power comes back after New Year!

Hope you all had a good Christmas!

merry christams caz and yep that sweet tooth is never banished, and a pavlova mmmm will you use quark sweetened for the cream???? is it possible to add cornflour to semi skimmed milk with sweetner mix it to make cream??????????? Im a rubbish cooked would it work???

Gonna use a mix of quark and fromaige frae sweetened for the cream and lots of raspberries! Cupcake maker made great muffins although they are small so we can now have 4 a day instead of 2 larger ones! Think I will need to make them with slightly less quark as they did stick to the paper cases so need them to be drier.

And i couldnt wait till next Monday so weighed myself and have lost 1 pound since last Monday. I am chuffed!

caz xxx 1 lb off over xmas is amazing xxxhow was the pavlova??? I really fancy one xxx

Hello - I am new here, but getting familiar. I was interested in your diary because of your Consol experience. I lost 55# last year and did Consol for 5 months, then half-backed for another 5.....then got sick...and now cruising off 14 pounds I put back. I found adjusting to consol tricky - it was harder to remember the rules, so I did not eat the starches most of the time or I did not count my Celeb meals properly. I think Consol is really important phase. And, Yes, that sweet tooth just lies dormant and once you prick it, it starts screaming!!

So, great job over the holiday and just stick to the plan and you will be at Stabilization soon.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Still havent made the pavlova but have the ingredients so may try tonight. Still eating too many non D sweet things but determined its the end now. Also have a pear pudding to eat which i made last weekend, a dukan versions of a pear cobbler. So glad its protein thursday and never though i would say that! Had put on another pound when i weighed myself on monday so now 3 pounds over goal but considering what i ate (and drank!) i am still feeling positive!
So now what I have learned is that Consolidation isnt easy!

Consolidation is def testy.....good luck, your PP day will help you 'reset'

It's very testing,,,, hence why so many of us have failed ..... I'm blaming France for my failure lol

Sorry not to have posted lately but have been having chocolate issues!! We are now at the half way mark of Consolidated and are supposed to reintroduce extra carb meals but think we are going to continue as we are with occasional extra meals. AT half way stage I am 4 pounds above target and hubbie is 2 pounds under! I am Ok with this as I find weighing every week and having the protein only day is keeping me sort of on track. if it wasnt forall those Easter goodies in the shops I would be lighter! i didnt have any issues buying chocolate around christmas but am having issues now! I know that i can't just have 1 bar of chocolcate. this is what made me overweight in the first place so i now understand i cannot eat chocolate at all. I will get over this!
Caz

hang in there at least you know you cant have chocolate in small amounts, so best avoid it altogether xxx if you buy it tell oh to bin it for you xxx 4lb over tw and half way through conso I think that's fantastic control xxx

Thanks Siddid. made a Dukan chocolate cake last night and it was actually quite good. No oat bran just eggs, cocoa and sugar! (and a few raspberries!) Ate 3 slices but didnt eat anything else chocolatey so feeling better!

Back