What i dont get about fruit and veg carbs :s

Pinknails2012

Gold Member
I tried to google what are low carb fruit and veg and its telling me different things, i read a bannana has something like 30 carbs , then i read bannanas are okay to eat, an apple has around 20 carbs, i just dont get if this is okay i like fruit and i know they have natural sugars in them but why so many carbs, im not sure how many carbs to aim for a day?

At the moment ive cut out bread, potatos, pasta and rice, any processed foods etc, and eating broccoli cauliflower chicken, egg whites, white skinless fish, tuna, prawns and salads sometimes sweet potato
i was eating a few bannanas and apples (not every single day) now i dont get what to eat for low carb fruit and veg, i read to avoid sweetcorn, peas, carrots, onion though.

Anyone got any tips? Oh and also ive cut my cups of tea from around 4-6 to about 1-2 and use sweetner which i always used anyway can stand sugary tea! X

hiya. sounds like you have made a lot of changes and are doing really well. why stress unless you're doing atkins or very low carb? give yourself a pat on the back for getting healthier!:)

Back