What if a DD turns into a UD? :(

naz

Hello I'm sure you have all guessed why I'm asking :( I was doing so well until a bit of family drama and boom! It all went down from there, I've ate far to much to keep it a down day, it was only my 2nd DD and I've already failed I feel so c*** :(

Naz,

You haven't failed, unless you have decided to completely throw the towel in. And even then - you haven't failed, you just weren't in the right place to make a good start right now. So chin up, let's concentrate on getting you back on track.

2 options:

1) Turn it into an intermediate day (ID) - just go easy the rest of the day, and pick up with your next planned DD

2) Turn it into an UD - but remember, UD's are days when you eat normally, not stuff yourself full to the gunwhales. Then pick up with a DD when it's convenient.

The important thing is- don't use this blip as a reason to kick the whole thing into touch - it's far too soon for that. You're looking for a permanent change, aren't you, not a short term fix? Stuff happens - good and bad - which pulls us away from our eating plans. Stuff will ALWAYS happen, for the rest of your life, which could or will induce you to eat more or differently from what you hoped. No matter - shake it off, and remember the 80/20 rule. If you eat right (aka stick to your down days, in this instance) 80% of the time, you will be fine.

Good luck,
Barbara

naz said:
Hello I'm sure you have all guessed why I'm asking :( I was doing so well until a bit of family drama and boom! It all went down from there, I've ate far to much to keep it a down day, it was only my 2nd DD and I've already failed I feel so c*** :(

Don't worry it took me 3 down days before I succeeded just try to pull it back now and try again on your next down day. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys for your support, I've calculated my calories and it comes around 1900 which is like an UD I guess, tomorrow I will attempt my DD again. I'm one of those people who emotional eat when faced with certain issues and I guess that's the reason I put all my weight back on.

Kids r back to school on Monday and I'm hoping a can get into my gym routine again and hopefully find another way to handle stressful situations. It's nearly totm too so maybe I'm extra emotional. Thanks again for your kind words

Xxx

Don't stress over eating 1900 cals, thats not a disaster as your TDEE is likely to be a bit higher than that anyway, Just start again when you feel ready

Last edited:
I'm one of those people who emotional eat when faced with certain issues and I guess that's the reason I put all my weight back on.

Oh, me too! Emotional and binge eating have been the bane of my life, from childhood..... until this year (I'm 48).

At the start of this year, I set to once again with healthy eating and exercise, because at 21.5 stone, my weight was completely wrecking my quality of life. I was doing OK, but a couple of months in, it was starting to get really hard to contain the emotional eating - which would typically have me eating chocolate, crisps, puddings, sweets - well, you probably know. At that point I discovered slimpods - voice recordings which retune your unconscious mind to think differently about food and exercise. For me, the effects have been wonderful - urges to eat emotionally are much less frequent, and much less strong when they do come.

For just about the first time in my life, I am eating normally. JUDDD talks about eating normally on up days - I don't think I could have done that before, and sticking to the down days would have been all but impossible. Slimpods have made it realistic to think that, at last, I'm going to reach and then maintain a healthy weight. Good, eh?

If you want to know more about slimpods, follow the link to my diary in my sig, and then go up a level to the Slimpod forum. Good luck with your JUDDDing

Barbara

101894010289097468_RnrIud9c_f.jpg

These things do! :)

Last edited:
Back