What is a normal carb intake ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

Does anyone know roughly what the RDA foe carbs is on a food diet ?

Just curious and can't find anything on my phone x

Hi Angel,
i just read an article which says half your cal intake should be from carbs. If you therefore need 2000 cals per day then 1000 should be from carbs and as each gram contains 4 cals then you should have 250g per day. Can't wait to eat a slice of toast again!
x

Thanks again Daisy,

I occasionally think about having 2 bars but the carb content puts me off x

angelupnorth said:
Thanks again Daisy,

I occasionally think about having 2 bars but the carb content puts me off x

Really? How much carb difference is there between bar and shake then? I've done two before x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think that the carbs in the crunchy bars are about the same as shakes (15g) but the carbs in the chewy bars are higher - about 20g. I reckon you are probably ok eating 2 if you stick to the crunchy ones.

If it was to knock you out of ketosis you would be back in it through next day because your still only having a few carbs. Plus 2 bars on ss won't make a lot of difference it might do on ss+ but like i said the next morning ketosis would be back x

Hi daisy
I love learning stuff like that, very informative about carbs. Did the article say how many calories are in a gram of protein? And how much we should be having per day (when back to eating real food)
Thanks
X

Back