What is considered fat free?

Madison

Hi,
As per my previous couple of posts re my 2lbs gain and dairy it got me thinking. I've been have lidl's light soft cheese. It's 0.2g fat per 100g. Am presuming and hoping that this is classified as fat free? Also their cottage cheese is 0.4g fat per 100g would this also be fat free?
Many thanks in advance for your imput :) Ps. Percentages was never my strong point so don't know what way to work it out lol..

Hi,
As per my previous couple of posts re my 2lbs gain and dairy it got me thinking. I've been have lidl's light soft cheese. It's 0.2g fat per 100g. Am presuming and hoping that this is classified as fat free? Also their cottage cheese is 0.4g fat per 100g would this also be fat free?
Many thanks in advance for your imput :) Ps. Percentages was never my strong point so don't know what way to work it out lol..

I'm no expert Madison but I think those would both be classed as fat free, don't worry too much about it. Everybod gets a stall at one time or another, try and find alternatives for the snacking. Do you think you are in ketosis? I'm surprised you have the appetite for so much dairy to be honest. I will have my skimmed milk allowance daily but other than that might have a yogurt and thats it.

Thanks zakcat for your reply, am unsure as to whether I'm in ketosis. I do sometimes have the metalic taste in my mouth but then think to myself when I'm alternating between 1 day pp and 1 day pv surely one can't be in ketosis due to the carbs in the veg. I'm no expert so am probably very wrong there!! I really think I'm eating the amount of dairy I'm eating is probably out of habit. I have 200g dairy in the morning with my bran, then maybe a small amount of fromage frais sometimes mixed with my tuna or salmon at lunch, then some to make a sauce and unfortunately as the 500g tub of fromage frais is well down by that stage I polish the rest off as a desert with some cinnamon. :)

Now you say it I'm not sure if we are meant to be or not hopefully someone wiser will come along and tell us!

Sam

The linessa cottage cheese is fine, the soft cheese is a big no-no, it was discussed on here before if I remember rightly - Jo checked out the ingredients and it had starches in

hope this helps x

cottage cheeese is the only "cheese" we're allowed, with the exception of fat free quark and fat free fromage frais x

Hi Alot,
thanks so much for your reply re the cheese. I won't be buying it anymore. Back to quark for me. Thanks again :)

Back