What is most effective?

nataliej

Silver Member
I got some flap jacks from the pharmacy today! Going to have 1 a day and 2 shakes! But was just wondering do you loose more having the 3 shakes rather than having a flap jak and 2 shakes?
Does anybody know this or is it the same? X

don't see why you would lose less. I have a flapjack a day and at the weekend had 2 a day, also had 2 today - don't think it has affected and not sure why it would?

any other thoughts appreciated

I thought they were for when u have been on Lt for a couple of week and ive read that they do slow ur weight loss down but I suppose the ones that have tried them know best. Good luck
xx

ohh never heard before - might do, anybody else know more?

I know that there r more calorie in the flap jacks then the shakes if this is of any help

I heard somewhere on here that youre not supposed to have more than one flapjack a day :confused: I think it might have been to do with chewing rather than it being less effective though, as in it was more like eating and might make you want to eat more.

I believe it says on the back of the LT bag you get that you should only have one a day, as they have slightly more calories than the shakes. Check it out.

Hi guys, my understanding is that the flapjacks form part of the maintenance programme rather than the weightloss programme. I think it does make sense that you lose weight more quickly if you are only ingesting liquids rather than solid foods. That's the way my pharmacist sold it to me anyway... Good luck!

Oops this is not good, been having 2 nearly most days, i do think the chewing thing is right as i mentioned in another post how ive been craving them and want to eat more. Will try n stick to shakes and see if i lose more

Hmmm interesting! Hope it doesn't affect it! I'd only have 1 a day! ... I do find that the shakes are a little more filling though !

I personally think it's just 1 flapjack per day because it takes that long to chew through them!!! It's like chewing wood!!!

Thought I'd check this out being as I currently have 1 flapjack a day. Per 100g the flapjacks, soup and shakes have very similar calories, flapjacks 382 and soup/shakes 368. However the flapjack comes in a 50g portion and the soup/shakes are only in 38.5g portions so per meal there's quite a difference. Per portion - flapjack 191 kcal compare to 142 kcal for the soup/shake, thats 50kcal extra for a flapjack. I assume that's why you should restrict the flapjacks to only 1 a day.

BM

Hi Sharon. I'm not sure how this affects your weight loss but to stay well on this diet try your best to get the 3 shakes in every day, even if it means forcing them down!

Just incase anyone's worried about the flapjacks, I've been having 1 flapjack and 2 shakes every day since the beginning of week 2. It hasn't made any difference to my weightloss. I find the flapjacks especially useful when I'm working.

BM

Busy Mum said:
Hi Sharon. I'm not sure how this affects your weight loss but to stay well on this diet try your best to get the 3 shakes in every day, even if it means forcing them down!

Just incase anyone's worried about the flapjacks, I've been having 1 flapjack and 2 shakes every day since the beginning of week 2. It hasn't made any difference to my weightloss. I find the flapjacks especially useful when I'm working.

BM

Great thanks BM I wasn't sure if u loose less by doing that! Just had my peanut flapjack for lunch..:) x

I rung lipotrim a few days ago in regards to flapjacks. She said it should be fine to have them, however when i asked her if I just had flapjacks and no shakes over a month would i lose the same as if i had shakes as the flapjack s had more calories. She then went hmmmm, and said no i would lose less if i just had flapjacks. I wasnt very happy with the response because than she said as long as you drink plenty of water with your flapjack you should be fine. She than said I would probably lose more having the shakes, but i could have one flapjack a day. well she changed her mind alot during the call so i just left it. I concluded myself this week that I am going to just stick to the shakes and only have the flpjacks when i go out with hubby to eat so i ca have my flapjack whilst he eats or if i know im out and about and cant take my shake with me.

hope thats been useful for some of you x

goose said:
I rung lipotrim a few days ago in regards to flapjacks. She said it should be fine to have them, however when i asked her if I just had flapjacks and no shakes over a month would i lose the same as if i had shakes as the flapjack s had more calories. She then went hmmmm, and said no i would lose less if i just had flapjacks. I wasnt very happy with the response because than she said as long as you drink plenty of water with your flapjack you should be fine. She than said I would probably lose more having the shakes, but i could have one flapjack a day. well she changed her mind alot during the call so i just left it. I concluded myself this week that I am going to just stick to the shakes and only have the flpjacks when i go out with hubby to eat so i ca have my flapjack whilst he eats or if i know im out and about and cant take my shake with me.

hope thats been useful for some of you x

Thanks for that goose!
That's the conclusion I came to too, I'm only going to have them for work!

Back