What is the worst film you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by hastalavegan, 6 August 2010 Social URL.

1. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure many people have had to sit through a few hours of complete crap, but what has been the worst??

It would give me great pleasure to say that it was Twilight. However, although it was full of terrible acting and destroyed the image of vampires by making the creatures of the night too afraid to walk into the sun because they'll 'sparkle'....it was strangely watchable, got a few laughs out of me and I have seen worse :(

I'm going to have to go with These Girls. Possibly the most uncomfortable film I've ever had to sit through because I was bright red and cringing throughout. I should have known from the tag line 'Best friends share everything' but I went and let my little crush on David Boreanaz convince me to watch it on youtube. Awful, awful film with the most horrendous storyline ever. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the memory of this one.

So, how about you? :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    2 spring to mind

Lost In Translation - how aptly titled, the whole purpose of the film was lost
    Traffic - first movie Ive ever walked out of

4. hastalavegan

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's a relief to see someone else who didn't like Lost in Translation, everyone I know seems to class it as a masterpiece. I just don't understand why! :sigh:

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    We sat watching it and when the credits started looked at each other in total disbelief lol

Masterpiece?? Oscar worthy - WTF lol

6. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Meet Joe Black, G.I. Joe and more recently Prince of Persia, total and utter w*nk and I nearly demanded my money back!

7. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Pret A Porter - only film I've ever walked out of - and I'll watch any old cr*p so it must have been bad!!

Not seen any of the others mentioned

xx

8. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Gosh yes, Lost in Translation. I watched it on video after reading how wonderful it was.

A newly wedded couple go to Tokyo. He has to work, and she whinges and mopes around because he is not available for her. What a wuss. Then she gets off with some bloke she meets in a bar. And I am supposed to by sympathetic?

It was a total waste of a couple of hours of my life which I won't get back:rolleyes:.

Just checked it out on rottentomatoes.com and is has a score of 97%. Hello:confused:.

My worst cinema experience was going with my husband to see Disaster Movie. Don't ask how this happened. It won't happen again. We were at least twice as old as all the other people there (it felt like it anyway) and it was cringingly awful but we stayed to the end.

Rottentomatoes.com rates this at 2%. That's more like it;).

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think Lost In Translation was a bit like the Emperors New Clothes... it was allegedly so 'in' at the time that people who clearly didnt get it didnt want to admit it for fear of appearing ignorant and agreed it was great.

I dont know of ANYONE whos gone to see it whos admitted they even got what the film was about let alone enjoyed it lol

10. hastalavegan

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only good thing about Lost in Translation is that it is beautifully shot. But that is all it is, lovely shots of Tokyo, there's nothing else to it. That's why there's nothing to 'get', nothing out of the obvious happens lol

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Full Member

Current Weight:
    9st10.5lb
    Diet:
    Calorie Deficit
    "Date Movie"

I laugh at most things but wow, didn't even smile to this snoozefest.

12. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only one I can think of recently is Avatar, I sat through 3 hours I just can't believe I did. I had to stay as I'd taken MiL who is in a wheelchair & my son:cool:

Otherwise I can't think of any other films.

13. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    Shutter Island...more like sh!tter Island!!

my aunt watched on box office and raved about,said it made her jump and the patients were freaky as hell and it had a good twist etc... well i went and bought and i couldnt believe what i was watching, i was willing it along and the best part was the ending!!

it didnt make me jump at,the inmates you hardly got to see, there wasnt anything half decent about this! im taking the dvd to blockbusters to do a trade for the book of eli. :)

14. hastalavegan

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh really? I always thought it looked quite good from the advert!

15. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    a huge dissapointment!!...i agree the trailer looked really good,interesting and a bit spooky,like edge of the seat type film, how wrong was i?

you know the old lady in the trailer with the balding head,who looks totally crackers..well you see her once! the worst nutters are meant to be on the island,you dont get to see any of that which i thought was a shame,as that would have brought life to the film..its very slow,and i only sat through it as i wanted to see the end twist, which wasnt that good...the trailer was better than the film!!!!

16. Flux

Flux Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(32.12%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/CC
    I have a few but the ones which stand out are:

Batman and Robin. You sit there feeling brain-damaged and praying for the mayhem to cease.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. Its actually so bad it cant take itself seriously

Catwoman. Just bizzare.

I did however love Lost In Translation. Its the simplicity and realistic situations that i found so refreshing and heartwarming about this movie. Not to mention the beautiful soundtrack. :D

17. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    2012 is one that immediately springs to mind, it was so, so dismal and poor, very, very far fetched storyline and downright total ridiculousness. Best thing about it was the special effects which to be honest was the only reason they made it. Absolute load of old codswallop. Hated it!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. vixter

vixter Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(21.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, 2nd time lucky!
    Oh I'm sorry to hear you hated 2012!!! I loved it! Each to their own though eh,
    I really am not sure what my least favourite film every is. I am not one for any horrors at all, I had to leave the room 35 mins into 13 Ghosts.
    I ADORE musicals, however this brings me to my vote for worst ever film I've seen - Nine.

It was just rubbish and I didn't understand it. The music was rubbish also.
    xx

20. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Another vote against Lost in Translation! I gave up watching after an hour it was that bad!

I think the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was also pretty dire, and the remake of The Ring. Total rubbish!

I'm sure there's lots more that I've forced from my brain due to how crap they were! xx

21. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    King Kong - went to the cinema having no idea it lasted 3 hours or so and honestly lost the will to live. I truly thought it was never going to end especially as after about 90 minutes we still hadn't seen King Kong. God, I shudder just thinking about it!

22. Stellasmammy

Stellasmammy Full Member

Start Weight:
    77.1kg
    Current Weight:
    75.2kg
    Goal Weight:
    54.4kg
    Lost(%):
    1.9kg(2.47%)
    Titanic, and Jeepers Creepers. Chunks of my life I'm never getting back lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.