• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What is your favorite Novel book...?

nattyclare78

Silver Member
S: 17st13lb C: 14st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 3st13lb(21.91%)
For general entertainment that has to be Bridget Jones' Diary!!

Hoz

Silver Member
S: 16st8lb C: 14st5lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 2st3lb(13.36%)
Anything by Douglas Adams :) I think Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency has been my favourite so far.

Cobweb

S: 23st9lb C: 20st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 45.2 Loss: 3st9lb(15.41%)
So hard to choose just one... so here's my Top 5 in no particular order:

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

As a Literature student i should say my fave is some intellectual epic but my fave books are the Discworld novels by terry pratchett i just love the imaginery world and hilarious characters

S: 33st0lb C: 21st13.5lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 46.8 Loss: 11st0.5lb(33.44%)
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Must have read it 5 times and love it. :D

S: 15st11lb C: 12st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 3st1lb(19.46%)
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Must have read it 5 times and love it. :D
I loved that book! Thought none of his others lived up to it (not that i've read them all).

My favourite book of all time though has to be A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving.

Cobweb

My favourite book of all time though has to be A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving.
A book I have been meaning to read for years, just added to my amazon basket so will get a copy and deffo read it over the summer!

As a Literature student i should say my fave is some intellectual epic but my fave books are the Discworld novels by terry pratchett i just love the imaginery world and hilarious characters
Me too. Highbrow be damned.

My favourite ever is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.

Reminds me of my childhood.

Cobweb

I have 2 favourite novels ...."Thirty Nothing" by Lisa Jewell, and "Tunnel Vision" by Keith Lowe .... I've just read "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult and that was really good too :) xx
Gosh I loved Thirty Nothing, but must have been a good 10 years since I read it when I was in my early twenties... now I am a thirty-ahem-something I would probably enjoy it even more. Thanks for the reminder :)

If you haven't read the book I recommended called One Day by David Nicholls you should, I think you'd enjoy that too :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Day-Dav...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280325304&sr=1-1

Stormwind

Silver Member
G: 12st0lb
Gah , hard to chose just one ...
Top 5 in no particular order then ....

1- The surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
2- The Belgariad series by Davis Eddings
3- Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally
4- Animal Farm - George Orwell
5- The Body Farm - Patricia Cornwell

I have such a varied collection of books I cant pick just one , picking 5 was hard enough ! heh :eek:

Last edited:

melvis

S: 17st12lb C: 16st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 1st1lb(6%)
Gosh I loved Thirty Nothing, but must have been a good 10 years since I read it when I was in my early twenties... now I am a thirty-ahem-something I would probably enjoy it even more. Thanks for the reminder :)

If you haven't read the book I recommended called One Day by David Nicholls you should, I think you'd enjoy that too :) One Day: Amazon.co.uk: David Nicholls: Books
I read it in my early 20's too and almost 30 now :D need to get another copy though as my brother stole it never to be returned :rolleyes:

I've got "One Day" but haven't got around to reading it yet, far too many books on the "to read" list at the moment!! xxx

juju79

S: 16st7lb C: 16st3.5lb G: 15st7lb Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.52%)
My favourite book is Strangers by Dean Koontz, I read it when I was a teenager and loved it, then again a few years ago and it was fab :)

I love this thread btw, I'm reading loads at the mo and you've all given me some great new buys to add to the list :D

Trash

Still fighting
S: 14st8.5lb C: 14st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.3 Loss: 0st5.5lb(2.69%)
Mine's got to be Jennifer Donnelly's "The Tea Rose" and sequel "Winter Rose" brilliant read and both books are huge - 3rd sequel out early next year called "Wild Rose"

Its a family saga with love, murder,suspence spanning several era's dating back to 1898 in whitechapel around the time of the ripper - you won't be disappointed if you buy the first you will definately want the next! ;o)

rosinakathleen

Big, busty and Blowsy!
S: 24st6lb C: 22st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 56.5 Loss: 1st9lb(6.73%)
Thanks, Trash,
I will keep a look out for them.
My ab fav books are the In Death series by J D Robb (also known as Nora Roberts)
Set in the future they feature a lady cop who deals soley with murder, but tells her life story as well

S: 14st7lb C: 12st7lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 2st0lb(13.79%)
My ultimate novel which I read over and over again and it always moves me is Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian - simply awesome

S: 14st3lb C: 9st10lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 4st7lb(31.66%)
My ultimate novel which I read over and over again and it always moves me is Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian - simply awesome

that was one that really made me cry!

My favourite book ever, is The Bachman Books, by Stephen King. It contains two of the most beautiful, poignant novellas I have ever read. (The long walk and The running man)