What keeps you on track

Slimfor2013

I everyone I'm back on slimming world after falling off track 5 months ago. And I love it like I did last time and obv have no reason to go off track yet as it's all new still only problem is I think to my self that I want it so bad and that this times different. But i think that every time I diet and then give up after a month
I really just want to do this time Though the will power is 100% ATM but I'm worried il lose it again for like the 100th time
Has any one out there been like me and then succeeded in a big weight loss or has anyone got any tips to keep me on track if I feel like going of it again.
I know it don't sound very promising me posting this my 1st week back on plan but I so don't want to disappoint my self AGAIN
Looking forward to hearing your replies.
Abbie xx

I could have written that!!! In fact I'm rejoining class on Monday. I have no tips to help keep motivated but would be interested to hear any

Hi Jen13 it's so frustrating isn't it. I'm the biggest iv ever been so NEED to do it iv set me self a target which is even if I feel like giving up I will see out 8 weeks then set a new target and so on. Hopefully that works and I get to the end of the 8 weeks and think roll on the next 8 weeks rather than pass me the big mac haha. I have my 1st weigh in tonight hopefully iv done well xx

Good luck with your weigh in tonight. The only way I've managed is I Started at 16/18 and I bought a size 10 pair of shorts for my hols in march and it's those little pants that keeps me focused so far I can get into 12 jeans and zip them up but need few more lbs off for them to be very comfy /)

I am exacctly the same. I have recently joined again for the 3rd time. I love SW and do not find it a "diet" like most other ones. I think I went wrong my each week after weigh in I would have gone and got myself a takeaway. I do not do it this time but do plan on having a pizza when I get to a certain weight. Although saying that the closer I get to the target the less I want the pizza as I don't want to undo all my hard work.

I have no advice im afraid but there is a great Christmas challenge thread that I have joined. If we were to lose 1lb a week that would be nearly 20lb by christmas. I have decided to look at the long term goal rather than what I lose each week.

Loads of luck and just take one day at a time ;)

Fionamcd congrats on ur weightloss uv done so well. I too am a size 16-18, always been a 14-16 so never slim but never as big as I am now. I think I need to invest in a size ten dress! Then wen it fits I think it means time to treat my self to a holiday lol ( best start saving now lol )

Babylove I was like u. I would get weighed and then go home and stuff my face but I'm not gonna do that now instead I'm gonna have something different every weds so it feels like a treat might even try sw copies of my resturant faves :)
Good luck I'm sure we will all get there xx

Thank you I have had many slips along the way but each time I look at those pants and think right girl dust yourself off and start again.. X also I make the chow mein is lovely but all time fave is "KFC" chicken strips with chips and salad very nice you don't have to go without darlin just adapt your favourite recepies. That's why I love this site :) xxx

This site is so helpful and so friendly so I'm goin to be on this all the time and make sure I stay at group :) oooh kfc chicken strips sound yummy how do u make those its something the OH would eat too. This site is brill for recipes. I love frankie and bennies new your chicken which is a chicken bacon and cheese stack with chips I'm makin my own sw friendly 1 tonight I'm going to enjoy every mouthful :) x

Slimfor2013 said:
This site is so helpful and so friendly so I'm goin to be on this all the time and make sure I stay at group :) oooh kfc chicken strips sound yummy how do u make those its something the OH would eat too. This site is brill for recipes. I love frankie and bennies new your chicken which is a chicken bacon and cheese stack with chips I'm makin my own sw friendly 1 tonight I'm going to enjoy every mouthful :) x

I cut 3 breasts into thin strips for both me and hub plus couple for daughter. Dry your bread in Oven to make breadcrumbs and then mash them with rolling pin add dry mixed herbs and salt pepper
Mix an egg with couple teaspoon chicken bovril (£1.60ish in asda) and some mixed spice dip the strips in egg mix then roll in b crumbs and I grill at 220 for 10 mins they are so so yummy. X

Slimfor2013 said:

I'm loving the sound of your chicken is it cheddar cheese or soft cheese? X

Going to try the chicken strip too. Sound yummy and the kids will love them :)

My daughter is 19 months and she loves them she doesn't really like meat at all but these are a good meal and they are nice cold for picnic. Only thing is it uses up h ex b but sometimes I don't have mine anyways so works out ok :) x

Defiantly going to give those a try. I'm goin to use cheddar cheese I saw somebody on here have it and it reminded me of my frankies and bennies fave. I'm going to cook chicken in in foil seasoned with a tad of black pepper. And then grill my bacon ( all fat removed obv) then wen that's nearly done il top with the cheese so it melts over the bacon then make a stack with the chicken and and bacon and top with BBQ sauce (1 syn per level tbsp) yummy! Xx

This is making me hungry and I have already had today's HEX B :(

Good idea although I had decided yesterday that I was going to try this mushy pea curry I have read loads about. The chicken will have to wait till tomorrow. Who said diets mean you can't eat lol!

Mushy pea curry? Sounds interesting? I love mushy peas but not sure about making it into a curry? Ul have to let me know how it goes xx

Believe me the idea didn't sound great to me either but there is a huge thread on it in the winter repipe section and everyone says how nice it is. Will let you know how it goes.

mushy pea curry is fab

I like the idea of the chicken strips - will try that one soon

I've only just re-satarted (not been on plan properly since Christmas, but completely off since May)I weighed in last Thursday....
Previously I felt really in the right place to lose, and did, almost 3 st in 2011, although I've put 2 back on this year.

I found making sure you do use your syns, save a few for after WI so you don't hinder the following week by already being in syn debt...
plan your after WI treat

Good luck one & all

Back