What made you finally commit to losing weight?

KatiePillow

I was just curious as to what everyones 'lightbulb' moments were?

Mine was seeing a photo of myself from 2010, and realising that despite what everyone said, i looked good and I wasn't as hopelessly chubby as I had felt at the time.

It made me realise that I've gotten down to that weight before, and I can do it again (hopefully..)

what about everyone else? :)

((this is the lightbulb moment for THIS diet, there have obviously been many))

For me a couple of things. I'd been promising my boyfriend and myself for years I'd do it but never stuck it out. And the relationship suffered because I never stuck to my promises.
Then recently got a kick up the bum when I was told I had to have surgery to have my gallbladder out. It just so happens my surgeon is very strict about his patients being a sensible weight before he even thinks of operating. So now, I need to do it so I firstly keep making the relationship improve, and secondly so I can get well again and back to work :)

me? It was the fact that my bras were getting bigger, i couldnt go into any old shops and buy the nice one with my mates >.< and also I didnt want my daughter picking up the same habits that I had.

Mine was realising I couldn't even stand in my kitchen to have a conversation with hubby, I had to sit down on a dining chair.

Add that to the fact I have only 2 pairs of trousers that fit me :(

After having slight surgery on my thyroid I took for granted I could have shifted the 2.5stone after my boy (almost 4) long time ago. Now after surgery gym and healthy eating it's not budging but I'm damn determined for summer !!!

Because I had gestational diabetes and I'm terrified of getting diabetes which is what's gonna happen if I don't change my life! I'm doing it to live I'm doing it for my babies my mum died young my hubby's dad died young I don't wanna leave my kids til I'm at least 80! X

In the summer when I walk the dog I can feel that roll of fat that lies just under the bra line!! It's awful.
We go away in summer with children in our caravan with about 4 other families, this year I want to run round and have fun with them. Last year id rather sit and have a fag and a coffee:( also we are going to a family wedding in may, we haven't seen them since our wedding 12 yrs ago when I was 4 stone lighter, I'd like to buy something nice and new to wear and feel comfortable x

Mine was looking at a pic of myself and seeing how big I was. Also not being able to get clothes that would fit nicely

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

wow :) real variety of reasons, the health ones must be a real driving force.. my OH always worries about my overeating (mostly fatty and sugary things) in fear that I'll become diabetic.. so I can't imagine how afraid I'd be if I had the beginnging stages.

Duckie91, I know what you mean.. all my friends were a D cup, and I've been a J for about 2 years now, only one style of bra suits/supports and it's not very pretty, was insanely jealous of all the girls who could wear the cute ones with the russian dolls and patterns!

Hopefully we'll all stick to it this time (especially me!)

I've finished having kids now (at 24, I know! I started young). I have arthritis in pretty much every joint in my body, being over weight isn't going to help that,

I saw my reflection at my mums house and I could start to see the rolls of fat through my t-shirt at the back and I was disgusted by what I saw.

I gained 4 stone in 2 years and for a long time still felt thin (DENIAL!) I've been meaning to lose it for a while and not really putting 100% into dieting. Until last weekend. We went out for my friends birthday and i looked lovely but i also looked the size of a house! So that was it for me, i started calorie counting on Monday and so far, so good. Don't even feel like i'm dieting! Amazin <3

My friend went on a diet and did really well. And suddenly I was facing the prospect of being the fat one lol. Horrible as it sounds she'd always been the bigger of us and i really couldnt face taking the title!!!

So I did a full on crash diet, (DO NOT try this at home) shed 5 stone in 6 months Regained three virtually overnight when my dad died. The lesson there is crash diets and obsessive exercise DO NOT WORK. Lost that three again. Hit the fabled green bit on the BMI. Got a bit overexcited at the prospect of maybe actually possibly one day .....I could wear a TWELVE!!!! Decided there was no point eating healthy when I smoked 20 a day. Quit the fags. Gained that damn three stone back again.

So now I'm trying to get back to a healthy BMI and find an exercise routine I'm likely to stick to. There's no point me saying I'll do this that it t'other when I know full well I'll only do it for a few weeks!! Lost nearly a stone. Got two more to go. Want to lose the stone veeeeery slowly as believe me..... I am the rebound queen!!!! I am NOT shifting that same three stone again!!!

Legomom said:
My friend went on a diet and did really well. And suddenly I was facing the prospect of being the fat one lol. Horrible as it sounds she'd always been the bigger of us and i really couldnt face taking the title!!!

I understand that, I tried to diet last summer for the same reason, but I was facing it from two sides! My best friend was slimming down, when I'd always been smaller and my brothers fiance lost 4 stone from June-January, through diet and exercise - and there's some people who you just expect to always be bigger than you ((I know it's mean, but it's reality.. >.<)) but that diet failed. I'm trying not to compete this time, and just eat healthily and do it for me.

How much exercise did you do on your crash diet? o_O that's a helluva lot to have lost (and the depressing time to have gained it back :( )

And congratulations on giving up smoking! It's really good that you're managing to lose again and still not re-starting.
I don't smoke or drink, so food is my main vice, but I use the excuse that 'I'm healthy in other bits of life' to overeat!

I had a personal trainer who was frankly an idiot. She was encouraging me to do hours and hours of cardio and nowhere near enough strength work. Crazily she then put me on some idiotic nutrition plan when my weight loss stalled? No carbs at all, no dairy....not even skim milk, no meat only fish. She was a full on numpty. So was I for going along with it all really. But.....when the weights dropping off you it's a bit addictive!!!

When i joined weight watchers in May 2011 and my BMI read obese. I realised i was almost 13 stone. It gave me the much needed wakeup call i needed.

I stopped enjoying clothes shopping because everything I tried on you could see my belly :( I'm now a stone lighter than my heaviest but I've been hovering in the middle of the 10's for a while so needed to do something proactive :)

Malibu xx

Realising because of the amount of food i was eating i stopped enjoying it as much treats r no longer a treat when you dont limit them. Also people saying i'd put weight on

Back