what made you start ww?

rharbord

Looking for some inspiration. I keep starting and stopping again and again. My heads not there tho.

I just wonder what made you start, what was the trigger, etc.

Aiming for a Monday start as Xmas isn't busy for us so should stick to it.... Just need my head to

I started because I was fed up of being overweight and it was also a New Years resolution. I am not sure what made me stick to it as I've never had willpower like this before. But I was fed up of giving up over ad over again. Not just diets, running, hobbies.

So this year I've gone from obese to healthy. I can do a half marathon. I've made myself learn keyboard. I feel like a new person.

I chose weight watchers because it is easy. The reason it is easy is because I can track everything on my iPhone. I think without the app I would have failed.

Well done you. You must be so pleased. I'm like your old self, dable in running and ww each week but never successfully.

My heads not 100%. I was just looking at ways of kicking my butt into place for once and for all

I started because I was fed up of being overweight and it was also a New Years resolution. I am not sure what made me stick to it as I've never had willpower like this before. But I was fed up of giving up over ad over again. Not just diets, running, hobbies.

So this year I've gone from obese to healthy. I can do a half marathon. I've made myself learn keyboard. I feel like a new person.

I chose weight watchers because it is easy. The reason it is easy is because I can track everything on my iPhone. I think without the app I would have failed.

I started because I'm starting a new job in January and I didn't want to be the fat one, especially as I've put on weight over the last year or so. This is the third time I've done it though but I tend to get to my current weight (mid 11s) and give up. This time I'm sticking with it and what Rachel said about hobbies and running are true for me too. This year I've turned all this around. I've completed two 10ks and I'm now training for a half marathon. I've started taekwondo and picked up old hobbies that I neglected for years. Gaining weight again or giving up now isn't an option any more.

i started cos of fertility treatment, we are having ivf in new year and needed to get my bmi down, its taken a year in january, but im so pleased to be where i am (even tho i put on a couple of pound this week due to over birthday celebrations)

its the only thing thats kept me focused. and got me back on track, especially so close.

xx

Helen you've done fantastically, such an inspiration to others.

Not feeling comfortable in my own skin made me start the diet and all the lovely support from minimins is what has kept me on track. I'm feeling so healthy and more confident now x

You guys are amazing adverts for ww.

I too am to not comfy in my own skin. I hate how sluggish and flabby I feel. I'm out for dinner tomorrow evening but vow to eat good all day. Then Sunday is the start. It seems silly to start so close to Christmas but if I don't start now it could be at least 10/14lbs on

you can do it rharbord, well done for setting a day to start, my plan over Christmas is to be good on the days I can, and enjoy the days I cant but try to make sensible choices. I agree with what you said about the amount you could put on if you didn't try, I am the same, I will probably put on some weight this Christmas but its going to be a lot less than if I was not trying to be careful. Enjoy your meal tonight and good luck for sunday-keep us posted as to how you get on x

Back