• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What made you think "oh crap i need to lose weight"?

For me it was mainly health related. Getting out of breath easier, having to use inhalers and also my acid reflux was worse as i was eating crap. Would like to point out ive not had a single pain for a whole week! Which for me is heaven.

WMBB

Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)
oh and we have a family history of high cholesterol so i wanted to make sure im always healthy. And i know in the next 3/4 years i'll be wanting to start a family and want to be in tip top condition for that too :)

well mine has got to be the most embarrasing ever. we went to drayton manor with a friend her hubby and the boys, they all decided that they wanted to go on the roller coaster and as i love the rides i went along with them. they couldnt close the bar down on me, i was too big and got asked to get off the ride. i have never been so emarrassed in all my life i wanted the ground to swallow me up knowing that everybody would be talking about the girl who was too fat for the roller coaster.

WMBB

Oh dear! i'm sure they werent talking about you. I can imagine how embarassing that must have been though. You dont think about these things when you go to theme parks though, do you really?

well mine has got to be the most embarrasing ever. we went to drayton manor with a friend her hubby and the boys, they all decided that they wanted to go on the roller coaster and as i love the rides i went along with them. they couldnt close the bar down on me, i was too big and got asked to get off the ride. i have never been so emarrassed in all my life i wanted the ground to swallow me up knowing that everybody would be talking about the girl who was too fat for the roller coaster.
(((hugs))) I had that happen to me too and its the worst ever experiance

Well when i first decided to lose weight way back in 2008 it was becaus ei broke my dads garden bench!!! I was over 19 stone then and it just went SNAP, so i lost a bit and then gained back 2 stone in 2009, so then it was mainly for health.If i was breaking benches it couldnt be healthy.

So now i decided this time it was more vanity, i see the paunch returning to blobs of fat and i want to look good !

WMBB

Good for you i think even if people are doing it for health reasons part of it is vainity too, its natural to want to look good. I like to keep slim because im a bit traditional in thinking " i should stay the way my boyfriend remembers me because its wat women should do" lol so i do try but sometimes those doritos are just too hard to resist lol!

My trousers are getting tighter and tighter ... my last lot of weight seems to arrived on my tummy (hope its the first to go)

I also had difficulty getting my engagement ring on and off

mines was looking at pics after nights out ect...i always seemed to look fat even tho i never thought i looked that big.

Enough was enough and with my mum and sister starting ww i didnt want to be the only one not losing weight

It was the best thing i have ever done.
No burgers or chocolate can make me feel as great as i have since i lost the 2 stone

xxx

I was engaged and it didn't work... I decided to start my life again, moved away from my town and set up in the North of Scotland. I realised that at 21st I didn't have the confidence to go out and meet people, to go speak to people.. It was the size 28s that didn't do up, the packing up of nice clothes that I hadn't worn for years...

And this is going to make me seem really shallow.
But...

I had a good friend at college who was always the same size as me. I have since lost 3 1/2 stone, and kept off 2 stone of that... oops for the 1 1/2 that I'm dithering over.. But we fell out over nothing in particular, then when she got married a few months ago, and sent me some pictures to brag about the wedding... well, she looks happy, but she looks unhealthy, huge, and I do NOT want to look like that if and when I get married...

knees aching, back sore and one Friday morning not being able to get into a pair of trousers for work, very depressing so I vowed in the Monday I would take action.

Mine was vanity too mainly, i wanted to look good in my clothes and i never thought i looked as big as i was and thought that was dangerous as i could have been getting bigger and bigger and wouldnt have noticed

Then my back and knees started to hurt and some mornings i couldnt stand upright or come up and down stairs without something hurting and i have an active job so i need to be fit pysically and didnt want to have to stop working there so did something about it
Can honestly say since i have started losing weight i havent had back problems, i still have bad legs but my bone in the front of my knee clicks when i go up the stairs so not sure thats weight related now lol

Mine was getting a cyst inside my achilles tendon, gave me terrible pain but the surgeon wouldn't operate because of my weight (20st). I thought I dressed well for my weight and was shocked when I saw a picture of me (on my profile). I vowed then never again! Oh and the cyst has all but disappeared now so woo hoo!! x

DopeyAngel

Sweet wrapper fetishist.
1) My (now-ex) boyf finishing with me and telling mutual friends it was because of my weight :(
2) My GP saying they will put me on meds to help me manage my acne - when I've lost the weight. Good incentive - slimmer + less spots!