What made you want to lose weight?

xSinead

Silver Member
Helloooo everyoneee :)

So i kinda wanna know what made everyone want to lose weight? Was it 1 thing that triggered the thought in your head, or was it a bunch of things building up for a long time? Also.. what made you choose Cambridge?

For me, i've been overweight all of my life. Coming from a very big Italian family, i grew up on carbs!! Way too many carbs! I always weighed my age! From the age of 10 i started weight watchers with my mum, but i only ever lost 1 or 2lb a week and i was just too young to understand. We then tried slimming world, the atkins diet, i even saw a dietition at a hospital in my early teens.. i tried everything! When i was 18 though i watched the documentry on channel 4 'Half a ton mom' i sky plussed it, cried through the entire programme and visioned that lady to be myself by the age of 20. I watched that documentry every single day for about a week, and then i researched the Cambridge Diet online.. I knew it was pricey, but reading the sucsess stories were all i needed. So April 2008 i started Cambridge but the doctor i saw at the time refused to sign my medical forms. I was told i had to lose a stone before i could start officially on Cambridge, so i went away, locked myself in doors for 10 days and i lived on a peice of grilled chicken every day for 10 days with about 2 litres of water. I went to see the consultant and can you believe it? I lost a stone!!! I remember crying in her kitchen, unable to believe that i had achieved what i needed to all by MYSELF in just 10 days. I went on to lose 4 stone in just 2 and a half months in 2008 on Cambridge, but unfortunately my mind wasn't where it needed to be, and at 16 stone 4lb, i gave up.

Now, i'm 22. And March this year i decided to tackle my weight for the final time. I don't want to look in shop windows but never going inside, i didn't want to refuse to see my friends because i felt too fat to be around them, i didn't want to shop online at plus size websites and look hideous in UNFASHIONABLE clothes. So yeah, 2nd March 2012 i started at 20 stone 8lb, and now 12 weeks later i'm 17 stone.. By christmas i want to be 11 stone!

first and 2nd time around it was about looking good and getting into nicer clothes.

Now the 3rd and final time it's all about health staring with a BMI of 42 i just want be healthy, think that is why i am so motivated this time round.

Hi :)

for me, i have been trying to loose weight (unsuccessfully) for a while. done the usual, joined the gym etc abd was focussed and determined and did manage to loose almost 1st and inches in 2 months, but after getting a promotion at work and working more hours - the time i had free was less and i was too tired to go to the gym. shock horror! i was also in a fairly new relationship and fell pregnant 2 months ago, which sadly i lost the baby - the guy i was seeing didnt want to know, didnt care what i had been through (he was on holiday when it happened) so i thought SCR*W YOU. i had been reading up on the cambridge diet for a while, and when this happened i thoight this was the perfect opportunity to do something for me... make me feel better and change my life.

i started the diet yesterday weighing 12st 12 and hope to get to 10stone. i am mega excited about being skinny :D i know it will be a hard journey, but again totally worth it!

good luck, and well done to all you 'loosers' out there! lol x

Hi,

I just carried on as I was for years after having the kids and kinda lost myself along the way. A friend recommended fat buring tablets about 2 years ago and I took them loosing 3st in about 2 months and I felt fab, the only downside was that as I had just taken tablets and not changed my eating the weight just piled back on. Loosing the weight has done so much for me though, it gave me the confidence to start a access course last sep on nursing and i got offered a place at 2 different uni's for this sep doing nursing, im so proud of this and I desperately want to loose the weight again so I can have the confidence to start my nursing degree in sep. that along with with my holiday end of July where I am going with a big group of my friends and children and I dont want to be the fat friend!

My sister came round a couple of weeks ago and said to be about starting the cambridge diet and I thought this was my opportunity. unfortunately she has given up but i am determined to do this, even thought I had a 2 day blip over the weekend. That really helped me to see how much I wanted it though.

Good luck everyone else xxxx

Lately I've just become so unhappy with my body. None of my regular clothes fit - and if they do they look AWFUL.
I can't fit into clothes that I want to in shops, I dream of Zara clothes! I feel lumpy and bumpy and disgusting.
I'm pretty sure my BF doesn't find me attractive anymore. I also have a really bad relationship with food & I need to nip it in the bud before I keep gaining.
I've gained several stones in just the past few months... I can't let it keep piling on.
I love fashion magazines & of course every woman in these mags are SO skinny. I want to fit into gorgeous clothes & feel great about myself.
I don't want to constantly try to cover myself up even in hot weather. This Summer really drilled it into me.
I hope I can be half-way to beautiful by my birthday in September. I want to love myself.

I just don't feel like *me* anymore. :(

My first mini-goal is to fit back into my size 14 skinny jeans!

I've been trying to lose weight for a couple of years! I'm 21 and have no social life and a very limited number of friends who I never see because I moved away. I feel I haven't been able to make friends in a new city because of my weight! I have no confidence and I'm hoping losing weight will help me get out there and be a normal 21 year old! Also I'd love to be able to go in to a clothes shop and wear anything I want instead of stressing out about what to wear all the time! Also a big thing for me is enjoying hot weather as I feel like I've got to cover up all the time and I'm always miserable! I need to sort my whole life out haha, hopefully losing weight is the first step :)

My bad relationship with food and that I realised I shut myself away not because i didn't want to see people but I didn't want people to see me! I had gained a lot of weight in a short time and finally going out in clothes which had previously fitted but didn't and people's reactions that was it!!! Xx

I've always struggled with my weight n I'm turning 30 this oct n I realised that I wear clothes that suit me- not what I like! I would love to chuck on a pair of jeans & I superdry tshirt- but biggest superdry size is wayyyy to small n my fat tummy looks awful. I want to choose clothes because I love them not cos they're flattering!

Back