What motivates you?

laurenmay

Gold Member
What was the final straw for everyone before they took the plunge and started CD? What motivates you and keeps you on track and fighting for the end result?

For me, the final straw has to be:
o Wearing size 10 work trousers, and back in February I had to order size 8 instead as my size 10 were too big for me and falling down... Now the size 10 don't even fit me and I'm being forced to wear different trousers altogether.
o Being asked on more than one occasion and by more than one person if I'm pregnant again, and how far along I am.
o Receving way too many fat and chubby jokes/remarks at work on a DAILY basis.
o Losing my baby belly within four months of having my son, but now gaining so much weight it's come back and looks as if I've just given birth.
o Disappearance of collar bones, and pretty much any other bone in my body too.
o Pain in knees and joints due to excessive weight and pressure on them, and having to take supplements and vitamins to target the pain at only 21 years old.
o Not fitting into any of my clothes anymore, except for pyjamas, and not being able to go out and spend time with my OH and son because I genuinely have NOTHING to wear.

Just a few of the reasons why I've decided it's time to quit feeling sorry for myself and get into gear and lose this weight. These things are motivation enough for me to stick with it and give it my all!!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Ditto about having nothing to wear huni, my wardrobe is absolutely pitiful, just full of stuff I can't fit in to :cry:

The main reason for me being on the CD is my wedding in November though, I've ordered a size 12 dress and ideally I want to be a size 10 on the day (it has a corset back). I am most definitely NOT having everyones eyes on me if Im bulging out of my wedding dress :sigh: xxx

standrewsbride23 said:
Ditto about having nothing to wear huni, my wardrobe is absolutely pitiful, just full of stuff I can't fit in to :cry:

The main reason for me being on the CD is my wedding in November though, I've ordered a size 12 dress and ideally I want to be a size 10 on the day (it has a corset back). I am most definitely NOT having everyones eyes on me if Im bulging out of my wedding dress :sigh: xxx

It's horrible isn't it :( I raided my wardrobe last weekend and was in tears after half hour because everything I tried on didn't fit and I felt so disgusting!!

Ooooh a wedding! That's exciting :) I'm sure you'll get down to a size 10 by then!! I've got cosmetic surgery booked for July 26th (I'm not a barbie doll though!) and I wanna try my hardest to get down to 10st 7lbs at LEAST by then! xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

My motivation is going on holiday end of July and being the only fat one, I lost weight 18 months ago and stupidly went straight back to my old eating habits and piled it back on, then I started college in sep doing a full on full time course and trying to keep a husband and 3 kids at home happy to ive just let myself go again so in desperation to loose some weight for July I have started cd, coming to the end of the first day and its tough though!

buddyboo said:
My motivation is going on holiday end of July and being the only fat one, I lost weight 18 months ago and stupidly went straight back to my old eating habits and piled it back on, then I started college in sep doing a full on full time course and trying to keep a husband and 3 kids at home happy to ive just let myself go again so in desperation to loose some weight for July I have started cd, coming to the end of the first day and its tough though!

We have a similar time target cause I have to lose my weight by the end of July too! & I know what you mean with letting yourself go through being busy and hectic.. I started back at work when my son was four months old, straight into full time hours and having my other half and son to look after and the housework to come home to, and I'd lost all my baby weight and got back down to pre-pregnancy size just before starting back at work but soon let myself go and the weight soon piled on! We can do it though :) if we can have babies and be super mums, especially you with 3 kiddies! then we can surely conquer a diet ;)

As shallow as it may seem but after putting on 2 stone at the end of last year nothing in my wardrobe fits and it kills me.....completely kills. Also my massive loss os all confidence and lack of self esteem....it's like I have disappeared and been replaced by a miserable me....who wears the same thing all the time.

My massive motivation at the moment is my wedding and most of all my 2 dresses.

you're right we can do it although it hard, sat here whilst hubby and kids are eating a bbq :( im so hungry and its only day 1, please tell me it gets easier x

My motivation is just to be happy in my own skin.

First goal was 10 stone which is almost the lowest ive been (hit 9st 12 for graduation for like, a day lol) thought id be happy there but i still feel really big, although i know i look a damn sight better.

Next goal is to reach 9 st 7 and revaluate if i want to go lower - that will be through gym and healthy eating though. Expecting to put about half a stone on while im away (from past experience) but im gonna try and be a bit more mindful. So back to CD on mon 11th june.. ss+ hopefully for max 2 weeks to get the gain off, then 810, 1000 and 1200 to stabilise before moving to healthy eating. Thats the plan anyway - whether it happens is another story!!

You all need to kick me right up the jacksie when I get home whatever i weigh or ill be over 11 st again and unhappy before i know it!!

It's horrible isn't it :( I raided my wardrobe last weekend and was in tears after half hour because everything I tried on didn't fit and I felt so disgusting!!

Ooooh a wedding! That's exciting :) I'm sure you'll get down to a size 10 by then!! I've got cosmetic surgery booked for July 26th (I'm not a barbie doll though!) and I wanna try my hardest to get down to 10st 7lbs at LEAST by then! xx

What you getting done huni if you don't mind me asking? I would LOVE a tummy tuck, my stomach after 3 sections is not pretty lol! xxx

buddyboo said:
you're right we can do it although it hard, sat here whilst hubby and kids are eating a bbq :( im so hungry and its only day 1, please tell me it gets easier x

Everyone promises it gets easier, so I hope it does! I guess we'll only find out once we're through our first week x

lil_legs said:
My motivation is just to be happy in my own skin.

First goal was 10 stone which is almost the lowest ive been (hit 9st 12 for graduation for like, a day lol) thought id be happy there but i still feel really big, although i know i look a damn sight better.

Next goal is to reach 9 st 7 and revaluate if i want to go lower - that will be through gym and healthy eating though. Expecting to put about half a stone on while im away (from past experience) but im gonna try and be a bit more mindful. So back to CD on mon 11th june.. ss+ hopefully for max 2 weeks to get the gain off, then 810, 1000 and 1200 to stabilise before moving to healthy eating. Thats the plan anyway - whether it happens is another story!!

You all need to kick me right up the jacksie when I get home whatever i weigh or ill be over 11 st again and unhappy before i know it!!

I'd love to be down at 10 stone again!! Really took it for granted when I was that size and now I'd kill for it! Lol x

standrewsbride23 said:
What you getting done huni if you don't mind me asking? I would LOVE a tummy tuck, my stomach after 3 sections is not pretty lol! xxx

I'm having a boob job, after having my son and gaining so much weight during pregnancy and then losing it all again so quickly and gaining some back, my boobs are just awful! They've dropped, sagged and deflated and just blerghhh! They shouldn't look this way at 21 years old! Lol.. So I saved up and having them done with the hospital group :) I had a c section with my little boy too, luckily the scar is small and faded well! xx

I was just reading The Sun and there was a pic of kelly brooke in a swimsuit so have cut it out and stuck it on my fridge hoping that will give me some motivation :)

buddyboo said:
I was just reading The Sun and there was a pic of kelly brooke in a swimsuit so have cut it out and stuck it on my fridge hoping that will give me some motivation :)

I saw that photo of her in the sun today too! She's got a gorgeous figure! I don't want to be stick thin, I wanna be slim but feminine and curvy - her figure is spot on how I'd love to look!

I'd love to be down at 10 stone again!! Really took it for granted when I was that size and now I'd kill for it! Lol x

I honeslty thought id be happy at this weight but im still a shunky monkey. Hopefully i can get to 9 st 7 and be happy and STAY THERE!

I saw that photo of her in the sun today too! She's got a gorgeous figure! I don't want to be stick thin, I wanna be slim but feminine and curvy - her figure is spot on how I'd love to look!

She has an amazing figure, curvy and not skinny, would love to look like that x

She does have a figure to die for, lucky cow! Lol x

Back