what shall i do now?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by snooky cat x, 15 May 2007 Social URL.

1. snooky cat x

snooky cat x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    I went off to see my GP today to get signed off for LL,but instead of being supportive and helpful she just told me she wouldn't sign my form even if i paid as she doesn't agree with vlcds.:mad: she suggested in join weight watchers or slimming world instead.Id really got my heart set on LL and now i feel very disappointed.:tear_drop:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

HI, I think you'll get more answers if you repost this in a VLCD forum rather than slimming world. Sorry about your doc - to be honest some of them just have prejudices and think that you can just eat less/exercise more and unfortunately most of us have found that doesn't work for us. If LL is what you want to do, then I'd suggest seeing a different GP. Most will sign and as you can see on the forum, lots of people find VLCDs very useful. Personally I think LL Foundation is amazing. My GP is very happy with my progress and is recommending the program now to obese patients. If all else fails, your LL counseller will know of a local doc who is supportive and you can just get them to sign you off. Best of luck in doing whatever you ultimately want to.
    xx

4. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    It's not what the doctor wants but what you want. :mad:

5. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Absolutely!! I bet he's done nothing to help you on weight loss ever anyway.
    x

6. snooky cat x

snooky cat x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    thanks

Ta muchly,Ive reposted on the LL forum as you suggested fallen angel.I forgot to mention she offered me xenical but i didn't take it as i didn' know what to do.
    snooky cat xxx

7. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

it seems a bit odd for your GP to suggest that Xenical is healthier than a VLCD......
    Good luck in deciding what's best for you. Personally I'm a big fan of LL - the counselling is very valuable in Foundation.
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.