what shoes do you use?

great things

Gold Member
i'm using my running trainers but i can already see that they're not brill. the only thing is that i over pronate and my foot turns in when it's not supported. can you get gait assessed dance shoes?

I bought a pair of white trainer pumps from new look, only £6 and they are great. Light on the feet and easy to move in. I went to my first class and wore my trainers but they are no good..

mine stick a bit with the tread being deeper. the only thing is that they're so comfortable. i roll in when i run and i wonder if this will happen if i get dance trainer/shoes.

try split sole dance trainershttp://www.dancewearcentral.co.uk/Category/Split-Sole-Dance-Sneakers/1087

mine stick a bit with the tread being deeper. the only thing is that they're so comfortable. i roll in when i run and i wonder if this will happen if i get dance trainer/shoes.

Hi GT --

I was glad to see that you had started this thread. I went to my fourth Zumba class this morning and was finding myself rather frustrated at how badly my proper (good for the gym) shoes were sticking to floor in the school where we meet.

I am going to look for some dance type shoes -- as I am finding it difficult to so some of the sliding steps.

MM

Did some research and read reviews I have ordered these shoes.

"Capezio Women's DS11 Fierce Dance Sneaker,Black,9 M US"
Apparel; $37.95

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

The reviews said that they ran small -- so, I ordered one size up.

MM

Last edited:
yep mm these were the one's i've been looking at. it's just my foot needs extra support as i over pronate or roll inwards when i run/walk. my usual running trainers are about £80, they fit so well that i never have to wear them in and i'm also worried that i'll wreck them doing zumba. the only thing is to try them.

Hi GT,

I was having problems with sticking to the floor, and then I read that you could actually hurt yourself because of this... so, I decided to go ahead and get proper shoes. I went on a New Jersey Zumba site and read up on their recommendations. Then I went and read reviews of the shoes... and then I ordered these. When I get them, I'll let you know what I think.

MM

I'm so glad someone else has put this thread up - I'm using a pair of Puma Etoile trainers and although they're not too bad my arches kill me, so I know they're not offering as much support as I need - anyone recommend anything else I can use?

I've heard that the split sole dance trainers are good - but again not good for arch support......

i think you can get things to put into your shoes for arch support. :)

Hello everyone,
I have my first Zumba class on Monday and was wondering what to wear. So pleased I found this thread!
I have a choice of converse classic pumps or karrimor trainers! Didn't know whether to buy any until I've made sure I def like it. Which would be best?
Vx

if your karrimor trainers are for running then i wouldn't wear them. the tread's thicker and can cause you to stick to the floor.

I use my trainers and find them ok, but a friend uses the ones which minnimel has put up I think. If they have a circular ball type tread on the ball of the foot, then they are the same ones and she loves them! I think she got them from Ebay.

I just use trainers x

hi,
i use my trainers at the minute, but they are really not the best thing, as people have said i find myself sticking to the floor too much. Think that i am going to go out this weekend and look for some dance style pumps.

hi,
i use my trainers at the minute, but they are really not the best thing, as people have said i find myself sticking to the floor too much. Think that i am going to go out this weekend and look for some dance style pumps.

@Caroline and Northern Lass --

I was looking into different shoes (other than trainers) as I was sticking to the floor a lot, and read up on how you could get injured by wearing the wrong shoes (the sticking issue causing hip, knee, etc. injuries). So, earlier on this thread I posted a picture of the shoes that I have ordered based on the research I did.

MM

hi all

i think i'm going to get a pair of bloch. have had a few near miss ankle twists, almost gone over so i think i really need a pair of dance shoes :) was thinking red.

@GT -- I think my shoes are here! My Dh said that there are two "yellow cards" (meaning I have two packages to pick up). I might be able to get them before class -- because the Zumba isn't until 11:30. Yeah!

MM

my shoes are on their way. beautiful blue shoes. will probably come tomorrow. ready for wednesday's class. can't wait to try them.

Back