What to do with white fish? Any suggestions?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've bought some fish, cod or haddock I can't remember which, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

I've never been a fish fan but have very much enjoyed it recently. Do you have a steamer? I've steamed with some fresh herbs - I've not done this combo and not sure if lemongrass is allowed, but I've got an inkling to now try that with cod :) Then I've poured over mac cheese made a tad on the thin side so it's just like cheese sauce. Yum! :)

I haven't had it so far since doing s&s but I always used to bake it. Wrap it in foil, seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper and top with spring onions and ginger, then bake for 10 minutes. Then have with some veg or a salad... It was delicious. Not sure if we are allowed ginger on this, but I'm sure that there are other toppings you could have...

like the idea of topping with the mac and cheese pack tho... Inspired!

Schwartz Perfect Shake (pink lid) do a spice/herb mix for fish which is delish! Just sprinkle it on and bake in a tin foil parcel. You might have to check the values though as I think it has some form of lemon powder in?

The one for chicken is so yummy too! I can't live without that! Xx

Thanks for the ideas. It's what to actually do to go with it that's more of an issue though. My veg is usually done as swede chips, roast veg or stir fry when it's to go with something, none of those quite seem like they'd go though!

Brocolli goes good with fish, you often find it in fish pies. I have leeks too, sometimes a bit of spring onion and maybe spinach - all steamed

I haven't made this yet but have been toying with the idea of fish cakes made with cauli mash instead of potato.

Will try it soon & post the results :)

gxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh that's a really good idea! Definitely let us know how it goes :)

Yes good question, I'd like to know too!

Sorry I haven't been around much.

Fish cake was deeeeeelish!

poached the fish in a little milk & parsley, steamed & mashed cauliflower, seasoned & rolled together!
Sprayed with fry lite then popped on the oven until a little crispy on the outside. Had it with swede chilli chips :D

OH & son enjoyed Real homemade fish cakes & chips alongside me & I felt great that we had the same :)

Would have liked to have played around with it more but this house seems to be a time warp @ the min!

Will be having them again today as its Ash Wednesday :)

Let me now if you have any ideas of how to improve :)

Gxx

Sorry I haven't been around much.

Fish cake was deeeeeelish!

poached the fish in a little milk & parsley, steamed & mashed cauliflower, seasoned & rolled together!
Sprayed with fry lite then popped on the oven until a little crispy on the outside. Had it with swede chilli chips :D

OH & son enjoyed Real homemade fish cakes & chips alongside me & I felt great that we had the same :)

Would have liked to have played around with it more but this house seems to be a time warp @ the min!

Will be having them again today as its Ash Wednesday :)

Let me now if you have any ideas of how to improve :)

Gxx

I have to have these lol

Thankyou for this.. :)

Back