Working Solutions What to eat in Indian Restaurant?

ECombat

Hi,

We are going out for a meal and I would like to know what food is safe to eat that will not kick me out of Ketosis? Help!!!

I go once a month for a curry with the girls and managed to keep up the tradition by not having a starter and having chicken tikka main. Not a curry just bits of chicken marinated then cooked and served with salad. I know it sounds a bit boring but it is tasty and never kicked me out ketosis :)

Me too but man I'd love a nice naan with some sauce to dip it in right now ;)

This is good to know.

I ended up at an Indian restaurant and ordered chicken with one of the sauces. I didn't really know what to get. It was a tomato based sauce with peppers so it seemed good enough. And I didn't have any of the sauce except the bit covering the chicken itself. I also had a poppadom and some rice (in for a penny, in for a pound). I'm am a bit funny with ketosis and don't whether I'm in or out so I can't definitely say if I was knocked out. I still lost a tiny bit of weight the next day.

What do you have with the chicken? I was keeping it quiet about the the diet and thought it would look strange only to have chicken (especially plain) and nothing else. Is there any other options?

Well it's traditionally served with salad so it's like a posh chicken salad :) I told my friends about the diet so they didn't question it. It sounds like you made good choices though, tomato based is always better on any diet anyway!

How about a tandoori mixed grill as a main? It's only meat with no sauce and can be served with salad!

Oh yea, that sounds good too, then you could have the chicken tikka as a starter? :) I think sometimes it comes with naan but you can just ask to not have that, or only eat a tiny piece! When is your meal? Are you looking forward to it?

Hi smidge87, we are going tonight in our local Indian restaurant. It's really nice there!

Ooo in that case, enjoy have a fab evening :D

Hey hun, how did it go? :)

I use to love Chicken Shaslik which is basically tandoori chicken but with chunky onions and peppers with it - really yummy! And that always comes with a salad too so doesn't look odd oredering without rice. Kind of like a posh kebab :D (minus the pitta)

I have also just gone and ordered a nice wet curry, but instead of rice I just have a side dish. Not sure whether I was still in ketosis but always lost weight and was never hungry the next day so guessing it was ok?

I LOVE curry :D Drooling just thinking about it now! x

It went really well. I had the tandoori mix grill with just salad and that's it. I feel really full and I did not feel that I'm missing much. I used to love rice with an Indian meal but it did not bother me much now.

Sounds delicious, I'm looking forward to my next curry night already now :D

Thank goodness for this thread, I go for a curry every 2 months with the girls and forgot it was on Saturday, bit hesitant to have any meal other than exante but I really don't want anyone apart from my hubby to know I am on the diet and this way I can go, make a good choice and in two months time they will hopefully see a difference in me :)

chicken tikka is the one
and butter chicken mmmmm

Back