What To Eat To Lose Weight/ Need Advice

CoCo

Here I am again, back with the same old story. Fall off the wagon, get back on , fall off, etc etc:rolleyes: I have tried SW, WW, SlimFast etc. I think for me following a plan doesn't work for me. So I am going to try (again) to eat better. At the moment I have toast for breakfast, lunch is a sandwich - more bread- or I have started eating at work a full meal and a pudding :(. I work in a school kitchen and we can help ourselves to any food left over so instead of avoiding the 2 choices of hot dinners and puddings I just cannot seem to resist them, so then I get home and have another dinner. No wonder I am putting on weight.
So I have decided enough is enough and thought that breakfast- will be weetabix, lunch - a packed lunch from home either a sandwich or pitta or wrap, and dinner - my usual dinner at home, chicken or fish and veg. I need to exercise more but my job is really physical we have to put out and put away all the chairs and tables as well and it's non stop in the kitchen. By the time I get home after picking daughter up from school and doing the usual housewrok etc that we all do I am too tired to even think about exercising. I also have an under active thyroid that is apparently stable but I am so tired most nights I fall asleep on the sofa by 8.00pm.
So what do you think about my eating plan, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was a cook in a care home before I retired so I know the temptations you face at work. Very hard isn't it, being surrounded by food all day?
Your plan sounds good. It's probably difficult to estimate the calorific value of the meals at work so at least you are in control of what you eat if you make your own midday meal.
You probably burn a lot of calories at work. I don't workout as such. I went to the gym and ended up with tennis elbow in both arms, so in the end I could only use the cycle and the treadmill and it didn't seem worth the membership. So I walk my friend's dog every weekday, and I have a Rosemary Conley DVD that I do at weekends.

Good luck Coco :)

Thankyou for your reply. I think eating at work is my downfall, I am going to take in my own packed lunches, I dread to think how many calories are in the dinners and puddings at work.

Here I am again, back with the same old story. Fall off the wagon, get back on , fall off, etc etc:rolleyes: I have tried SW, WW, SlimFast etc. I think for me following a plan doesn't work for me. So I am going to try (again) to eat better. At the moment I have toast for breakfast, lunch is a sandwich - more bread- or I have started eating at work a full meal and a pudding :(. I work in a school kitchen and we can help ourselves to any food left over so instead of avoiding the 2 choices of hot dinners and puddings I just cannot seem to resist them, so then I get home and have another dinner. No wonder I am putting on weight.
So I have decided enough is enough and thought that breakfast- will be weetabix, lunch - a packed lunch from home either a sandwich or pitta or wrap, and dinner - my usual dinner at home, chicken or fish and veg. I need to exercise more but my job is really physical we have to put out and put away all the chairs and tables as well and it's non stop in the kitchen. By the time I get home after picking daughter up from school and doing the usual housewrok etc that we all do I am too tired to even think about exercising. I also have an under active thyroid that is apparently stable but I am so tired most nights I fall asleep on the sofa by 8.00pm.
So what do you think about my eating plan, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You are on the right track by far, porridge or wheatabix for breakfast is spot on
wraps (wholemeal have half the calories and still taste good) with cucumber, tomatoes, peppers and chicken or turkey will fill you up and have so little calories compared to hot food at pudding at work, you will do very very well
i have a fruit salad from tesco. It may all seem boring at first but when you realise its doing your body great and not clogging up your arteries .. you really do find everything falls into place :)

U should def avoid the food at school:-/ easier said than done.
Your tiredness will improve if u eat properly, if ur thyroid function is normal then that won't be affecting tiredness or weightloss. I have no thyroid gland at all and have a stable thyroid function from levothyroxine & have lost weight successfully.
Sometimes u have to force urself to exercise, but you have to push yourself. U def eat way to much bread- even worse if white bread. You need lots of protien in ur diet and cut down on refined carbs. Snack on fruit, make urself a massive plateful of dinner bulked up by veg with lean protien (fish,chicken,turkey) drink plenty of water. Porridge is a good breakfast, sweetened with honey, use full fat milk tho as it has more nutrients- which keep u fuller for longer n better for u.
I have been following this for last couple of weeks after fad dieting and it is sooo easy, I eat loads but mostly fresh food, protien and get my carbs from sweet potato, veg, wholemeal pasta/rice. And I've lost half stone in 2 weeks!

Check out my pictures in profile to see how much I lost

Thankyou so much for your replies. Yes it is white bread I eat :(. Thankyou for your food ideas, I took a salad in to work today and thought 'well this won;t fill me up' but I was surprised. It was a big salad though, lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, cucumber, radish, peppers. I am just off to look at wannabefitatthirty's profile.
Thanks again for your replies.

Thankyou so much for your replies. Yes it is white bread I eat :(. Thankyou for your food ideas, I took a salad in to work today and thought 'well this won;t fill me up' but I was surprised. It was a big salad though, lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, cucumber, radish, peppers. I am just off to look at wannabefitatthirty's profile.
Thanks again for your replies.

I think if you are doing salads or sandwiches the key is variety. So think of all the things you can add to salad (I don't mean fatty or covered in sauce type things) such as cold boiled potatoes! couscous, pasta, rice (cooled quickly after cooking), meat, tinned fish, hard boiled eggs, cheese (not too much of this though).
If you have somewhere to heat it up then homemade soup can be a great addition to your lunches or a jacket potato with baked beans.
for breakfast again variety will keep you happy to eat it. I would have 2-3 cereal based breakfasts such as weetabix, porridge, branflakes, muesli that you chop and change with also adding fruit is an easy way to stop you getting stuck in a rut. I put chopped bananas, strawberries, grapes, pineapple or whole blackberries, raspberries, defrosted cherries on my cereal/porridge. Before slimming world I would put stewed apple with a little cinnamon and raisins on my porridge, if you are careful not to overdo the sugar then this might work for you.

Back