What to expect

BigJ

I just started CD yesterday and having drunk 3 litres of water yesterday and got on the scales, I havent lost anything this morning. I didnt cheat but my councellor has started me on three packs and a bar. I dont want to annoy her by asking at the early stage but is this ok? My booklet says I should start to lose weight from day one and I havent. Am I being unrealistic? I've just started my period too, would this affect the result?

Hope you can advise.

Best Wishes

Big J

Hi Im not a cdc.
If you are over 5ft 8 then it is 4 products a day under 5ft 8 and its 3.You do lose weight fast but you have to give your body time to adjust so keep off the scales for a week then you will be really pleased with the results.The general advise is no bars till week 2or 3 but I had them from week 1 and went into ketosis on day 2 so think it will be ok .As I say you have to give your body time to settle be patient you will have a good loss ,one maybe set back is totm it does slow things down but you will still get a loss and next week it will even itself out xxxx

Thank for your advice, I am only 5ft 5 so definately dont need 4. The councillor didnt weigh or measure me, perhaps she just thought I was 5'8.

No bars until Week 3 either.

Having said that it was probably a bit ambitious expecting a weight loss after 1 day!

Give it a chance!

Thank for your advice, I am only 5ft 5 so definately dont need 4. The councillor didnt weigh or measure me, perhaps she just thought I was 5'8.

The councillor didnt weigh or measure me :eek::eek: so how did she calculate your BMI ???? She really should have measured your height AND weighed you.....I would ask her why she didn't do this.....not good enough IMO

With a height of 5'5", you should only be on 3 packs per day...and no bars until week 3.....

Hope that helps.....

Debz xx

It's probably just totm, don't worry.

Maybe cut out the bar for now and stick to your 3 packs. Shocking that your cdc didn't weigh you!

Don't get disheartened though, I think the majority of people see a loss after day 1 so it's not being unrealistic, from reading this forum I think a daily weigh in gets lots of us through the first week!!! but totm and water retention will really affect this. It will show after totm has finished so stick with it :)

Kate
xxxx

Stick with it honey and don't be disheartened - I'm on day 4 now....had a rough day 3 but hopped on my scales this morning and I've lost 9 pounds already! :D

Just keep at it and your determination to succeed will over ride everything else! Good Luck!

The councillor didnt weigh or measure me :eek::eek: so how did she calculate your BMI ???? She really should have measured your height AND weighed you.....I would ask her why she didn't do this.....not good enough IMO

With a height of 5'5", you should only be on 3 packs per day...and no bars until week 3.....

Hope that helps.....

Debz xx

u tell 'em debz!!:D

Didn't weigh or measure you? So no discussion of goals then presumably? Sounds most odd. I've done a few diets in my time - hopefully this will be the last! - and wouldn't have confidence in someone who didn't even do the basics (esp as it's a one on one diet).... unless of course your conseller is
Mr I.N.Ternet?

u tell 'em debz!!:D

oops....was that a bit too strong....:eek:

just can't stand sub standard CDCs....dunno why CD doesn't stamp on them - gives the plan a bad name....just laziness for a CDC not to weigh / measure clients.....endof :mad:

I know I don't always get it right but I always try my bestest....:eek:

i would also add to this that if you werent weighed by your cdc then you will not get an accurate reading of what you have lost each week

i would say something about it and the fact that you were given too many packs than needed

Didn't weigh or measure you? So no discussion of goals then presumably? Sounds most odd. I've done a few diets in my time - hopefully this will be the last! - and wouldn't have confidence in someone who didn't even do the basics (esp as it's a one on one diet).... unless of course your conseller is
Mr I.N.Ternet? :eek:

:eek: I promise you, I went to a councellor who claims she has been selling CD for 23 years. She did not even ask me how much I weigh, she did not measure my height and told me that since I'm a busy working single mum I probably needed the bar to keep me going. Goals were not mentioned and I only found out about having 3 packs from reading this forum. The major part she did stress constantly was water, water and more water.

I dont want to upset her but I also want to do it right. I look forward to guidance from the experienced. Am now on day 2, missing food already but not hungry!

best wishes

bigj :D

:eek: I promise you, I went to a councellor who claims she has been selling CD for 23 years. She did not even ask me how much I weigh, she did not measure my height and told me that since I'm a busy working single mum I probably needed the bar to keep me going. Goals were not mentioned and I only found out about having 3 packs from reading this forum. The major part she did stress constantly was water, water and more water.

bigj :D

....bingo !! therein lies the PROBLEM !!! she's been selling CD for 23 years !!!

being a CDC is so NOT about selling the product ! it's about helping each and every one of your clients get to where they want to be !!!

it is so much MORE than selling product....it's about talking to real people to find out how they think, what their motivation is....etc etc

If I were you , I would ASK her to weigh, measure AND would question why she told you to have four packs per day (at 5' 5")...tell her you've benn online and read that (at your height) you should only have 3.... see what she says....NO EXCUSE :mad: the CDC cod of conduct very clearly sets out what we, as CDCs, need to do for clients.....

Good luck !!!

.......and keep us posted ;)

Debz xx

....bingo !! therein lies the PROBLEM !!! she's been selling CD for 23 years !!!

being a CDC is so NOT about selling the product ! it's about helping each and every one of your clients get to where they want to be !!!

Debz xx

Selling really is the key word here, and correct me if im wrong but by her giving you an extra bar per day, would she not make more money from it?

is there any other cdc's in your area you could go to instead? x

Selling really is the key word here, and correct me if im wrong but by her giving you an extra bar per day, would she not make more money from it?

is there any other cdc's in your area you could go to instead? x

yep - SELLING !!! - doesn;t sound like it's about helping peeps get to where they want to be.....does it ???!!!!

...and YES ....by 'selling' an extra bar, that would give extra income to the CDC........:rolleyes: sad

Debz xx

I would swop CDC's, at the end of the day it just sounds like she is selling the diet (my MIL did that years ago), but you are paying for the CDC's services, i.e weighing, measuring, advice etc..

Love

will do

it is so much MORE than selling product....it's about talking to real people to find out how they think, what their motivation is....etc etc

If I were you , I would ASK her to weigh, measure AND would question why she told you to have four packs per day (at 5' 5")...tell her you've benn online and read that (at your height) you should only have 3.... see what she says....NO EXCUSE :mad: the CDC cod of conduct very clearly sets out what we, as CDCs, need to do for clients.....

Good luck !!!

.......and keep us posted ;)

Debz xx

Thanx for your advice Debz, I havent lost any weight again today and I only had three packs yesterday. I have drunk at least 3 litres again today and its day 3. My CDC called me and I told her I havent lost any weight, she has advised me to drink more water even though I've already had 3 litres! I have been drinking 1/4 litre on the hour every hour since 8 am so I'm now on more than 3 litres plus a cup of tea, cup of coffee and a diet coke. Last night and now again this evening, I have a terrible headache. I am the kind of person who almost never takes pills but last night's was so bad I couldn't sleep and had to take paracetamol, and more this morning because I still had it. I thought I was dehydrated and was drinking water through the night too and hence wasnt sleeping much from having tgo to the loo through the night.:sigh: I am feeling hungry tonight but then day three is supposed to be the hardest. I shall hope for elation tomorrow.

thankx again.

Bigj

I'm now on more than 3 litres plus a cup of tea, cup of coffee and a diet coke.

STOP DRINKING THE DIET COKE! Its not allowed. And no milk in your tea/coffee either.

It really doesn't sound like your CDC has told you much about the diet. It sounds bad that she's overselling the packs. I really hope she doesn't scupper your chances hun - this diet is amazing if done right. I'm worried that you're unintentionally doing things wrong, purely because your CDC has let you down.

I'd swap CDC if you can, failing that, follow Debs advice and challenger her. And ask lots of questions here - everyone is so wonderful on these forums, and so helpful.

Good luck!!

xxxxxx

STOP DRINKING THE DIET COKE! Its not allowed. And no milk in your tea/coffee either.

It really doesn't sound like your CDC has told you much about the diet. It sounds bad that she's overselling the packs. I really hope she doesn't scupper your chances hun - this diet is amazing if done right. I'm worried that you're unintentionally doing things wrong, purely because your CDC has let you down.

I'd swap CDC if you can, failing that, follow Debs advice and challenger her. And ask lots of questions here - everyone is so wonderful on these forums, and so helpful.

Good luck!!

xxxxxx

Seriously? My booklet says zero calorie drinks in moderation. I though one glass would be ok but if it's not I wont take it. I only had it because I am feeling so hungry this evening. Perhaps worse than that, my CDC told me I should have upto 200ml of skimmed milk per day! I am definately going to change CDC, thank goodness for you all and this forum, I really appreciate the advice that everyone has given me.

Many, many thanks:)

Bigj

Back