What to put in your hospital bag.

Mummy2Bslim

Banned
Hi all,

Hospital bags have come up in another thread I've started packing mine but I thought it would be good to hear what other people have taken for previous births or what you are packing this time around.

Just thought it would be good as someone else could have thought of something you didn't and you can add it to your bag!

X x x

Thanks Hun :) it's good to know what other people are taking lists online help but nothing is better than the experience and advice of others!

X x x

I've got so much in but minimum stay will be Friday morning to Sunday afternoon and might be longer so like to be prepared, need do mine still but LO is

3x tiny baby baby grows
5x new baby next baby grows
6x vests mix of tiny baby and new baby from next
3x socks
3x hats
10x bibs
3x muslin squares
1 cardigan
1x leaving outfit
1x blanket
1x swaddle wrap
3x dummies
1 pack 27 micro nappies
10 size one nappies
Pack of wipes
Cow and gate 48hr formula starter kit incase we can't bf
Just needs a little soft toy or comforter to put in too. X

I need to buy a swaddle blanket! I also want a wrap thing for bfing in public I bought some cute baby grows from primark I will have to look at packing baby's bag soon, I want to buy a nice changing bag. I never thought of what I would do if I can't bf ... Hmm

X x x

Sorry to jump in but cotton wool hospitals won't allow you to use baby wipes :( erm I'd take more than your gonna need I've always took first size clothes but I've always had bigger babies :)

I think it depends on the hospital, ours lets you use the 99.99% water ones called pure I think x x x

What are they going to do take the baby off me lol, I'll tell them where to go if they comment on it I know best for my baby and I'm not cleaning that first poo with abit of cotton wool lol xx

I'm taking tiny baby cus my LO was 8lbs 9oz and newborn completely drowned him he wore tiny baby for weeks so unless this baby is absolutely massive I don't think he will fit in newborn either hehe xx

mrs-s said:
What are they going to do take the baby off me lol, I'll tell them where to go if they comment on it I know best for my baby and I'm not cleaning that first poo with abit of cotton wool lol xx

Lol :D

I did last time in hosp but was very naive and let them speak to me like crap I won't this time though as I'm more confident not bring my first baby etc and I know more bout how I'm going to do things so I'll either smile nod and them ignore them or just tell them to p off if they stick their noses in haha xx

Cas3 said:
I have to say if any of you ladies have a 9lb baby I don't think newbaby from next will fit especially if the baby are quite long, newbaby fits Hollie perfect even now but they was way to small for maisie (who weighed 9.6) so wud suggest to take up to 1 mth or sleepsuits to fit up to 10lb aswell as newbaby if you brought them from next x

Hopefully this baby will be short like jess haha I think with him being a week earlier he will prob be abit smalle too x

I'm going to take a variety with me I think, something will fit lol and the hospital is close to debenhams so I'm sure when we know if it's a boy or girl my mum will be in there melting her credit card lol!

My hubby doesn't want to cut the cord, he's really squeamish and so I asked my mum to do it instead and she cried :)

X x x

Mummy to b what's ur name ? I like to call ppl by names lol as for cord my partner don't want to b in same room he wasn't with my first he's such a knob missing out !

mrs-s said:
I did last time in hosp but was very naive and let them speak to me like crap I won't this time though as I'm more confident not bring my first baby etc and I know more bout how I'm going to do things so I'll either smile nod and them ignore them or just tell them to p off if they stick their noses in haha xx

My mum said that me and my sister had to go to the special ward and they just took my big sister and my mum didn't know what to do but when I had to go my mum demanded to go with. They tried to give her the wrong baby back with my sister 30 years ago now and they argued with her but when the lady in the next bed said she had the wrong baby turns out the had each others. How bad is that, hospital would get sued if that happened these days!

X x x

xxxjessiexxx said:
Mummy to b what's ur name ? I like to call ppl by names lol as for cord my partner don't want to b in same room he wasn't with my first he's such a knob missing out !

I'm Amy :) yeah my hubby has said he will be firmly by my head as he will have nightmares if he see what's going on downstairs and will never touch me again lol. Men!

X x x

Omg that's so bad!! Imagine if that happened now! I was paranoid about that cus I had to go theatre for 3hrs but dh was with lo all the time so I know he didn't get swapped lol xx

Back