what was your turning point

choccybuttons

I realised it was time to lose weight when i still looked pregnant 8months after birth and my stomach had started to fold over as my weight increased

I had always been happy with my weight which was around 13st.

But after seeing pictures from my daughters 2nd birthday it just slapped me in the how big i was!

For me it was realising that I wasn't going to be fit enough to fun around with my daughter in the park as she grows up. I am finally ready to make the change for life for a better future for me and my family.

My turning point was when I weighed myself and realised I was the heaviest I've ever been, including after I had my son. I've been making excuses for myself and treating myself far too often. I needed that kick up the arse. I've been 100% on plan for nine days now (wow) and I can honestly say my head is in the right place and I'm really enjoying it.

I had just left a job working 50 hours a week in a chip shop that i'd been doing for two years which had really contributed to getting me to my all time biggest and although i have always been overweight, i just realised that sitting in denial about it and getting bigger wasn't the answer and i wanted to be slim for the first time of my life :)

Did help that a best friend was joining so we decided to join together and motivate each other though

i have a lot of reasons. heres some!

when i was pregnant an was worried i wouldnt get a baby bump! ( i did though i got huge lol)

plus i need to loose weight so i can have ligament surgery again on my legs :( already had 2 done an they fail after about 6 months due to falling and my weight doesnt help either.

I also want to be able to run around with my son when hes toddling around & live to see him grow up!!

Mine was a lady at work saying "i didnt know you was expecting as well" it gave me the kick i needed xx

My weight has gradually crept up since being with my hubby. I went through a bad break up in 2005, and because I was hardly eating, I dropped to a more sensible weight (I had put on weight with that bf), when I got together with hubby, I didn't put on weight to start with, but then 3rd yr of uni started, and when they cut the price of the all you can eat chinese buffet for being a student and you can't be bothered to cook, it looks pretty appealing. and it becomes habit. Since then I gradually crept up past 11.5 stone (that's when i start to get a bit wobbly), up into the 12s, up to the 13s and I started thinking "woah, need to do something now", so I exercised more for a bit which knocked it back a bit, and then stopped after a holiday. I then put a further stone on (13.5 st) and vowed to lose weight when we were engaged. I joined WW and lost a very disappointing 5lbs in 5 months. Some of it naturally dropped off just before the wedding. I was so cross that I wasn't at the weight I was when we first got together. After the honeymoon and meandering into christmas I was starting to knock at the door of 14st. The heaviest I'd EVER been. I wasn't having that, so I decided to swap plans. So that is now the goal: to be the weight I was when I met my hubby, 10.5 st, which is at the top end of my BMI thingy-majig.

Sorry it's so long, but I've had that many points where I go "right, that's it" it's easier to just write the story.

I've got more than one, too.

I realised that I was sick of seeing photos of myself and thinking "fatfatfat", and then I was looking through old pics of me and thought, wow, I looked good, I want to get back to that!

My 3yo niece called me fat in january, just matter-of-factly. I didn't want my nephew and nieces growing up seeing me that way.

this one's a bit embarrassing... ahem, but I noticed that in the shower when I'm, erm, "tidying" a certain part of myself, I had to like hold my belly out of the way... EMBARRASSING to admit but that is one of the reasons...!

For me it really is for health reasons.

I'm 43, been fat all my life appart from a few brief periods when I kept to a diet and in the end I resolved to accept myself how I was.

However, in the last couple of years I've noticed my fitness declining, my knees aching and creeking, back problems, swollen ankles etc. Basically I felt like an old woman!

I've always been healthy but when I was younger everyone said my weight problem would catch up with me when I was older and I realised they were right.

Now I've lost over a stone I'm already feeling better and I think this time I can maintain my wightloss because I don't want to feel that crap again!

The turning point for me was the appearance of a thin line of stretch marks just below the stomach area, which happened around last autumn.

I'm 28, I have never been pregnant in my life, so in my mind there is NO EXCUSE for having stretch marks beneath my stomach!

Some people manage to go through an entire pregnancy and have several children without being as fat and stretch-marked as I was! :mad:

Sick of it effecting my whole life.

My lack of control was disgusting.

Being seen as fat and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This sounds familiar,

I have recently started suffering with swollen ankles, back pain and knees too.

I have been big for a long time but now definately need to get the weight off for health reasons, i am also worried about the chances of getting diabetes or heart problems too as i have a 1 year old daughter that i want to see grow up

For me it really is for health reasons.

I'm 43, been fat all my life appart from a few brief periods when I kept to a diet and in the end I resolved to accept myself how I was.

However, in the last couple of years I've noticed my fitness declining, my knees aching and creeking, back problems, swollen ankles etc. Basically I felt like an old woman!

I've always been healthy but when I was younger everyone said my weight problem would catch up with me when I was older and I realised they were right.

Now I've lost over a stone I'm already feeling better and I think this time I can maintain my wightloss because I don't want to feel that crap again!

For me, the first time around I just looked in the mirror and felt disgusted in what I saw reflecting back at me, so I needed to change (but that didn't last!) This time around I was watching the new series of Supesize vs Superskinny and thought it woiuld be fun to weigh myself and see how much I am, since I hadn't done it in about 6 or 7 months, how had 2 stone crept on in less then a year!? That's when I decided I need to do something about it!

When the the doctor told me I may have unterine cancer...turned out it was only PCOS and (going by the scans) it looked unlikely I would ever have children in the future if I wanted them. That gave me the first kick in the butt. Then when she put me on the pill and it started giving me depressive moods and the doc said she couldn't take me off it until I was within BMI (by which point she hopes my body can control its monthlies by itself) that gave me an even bigger kick up the butt. Nothing like a health scare to get your ass into motion I tell ya.

I've been overweight since i was about 12/13, always hated it but never actually stuck at something until now. I was sick of looking at pictures and seeing how i looked. Also, I would turn down offers of going on nights out with friends because they're all rather on the small side and I would just feel awkward in social situations.

I want more confidence..I'm 20 years old, I need to get out there and live life.

Im also going abroad twice this year..in April and July. I want to not feel self concious sitting around the pool and covering up all the time x

I'm hoping for at least another stone off by then. Dont fancy the heat with carrying around the extra pounds.

Are you looking forward to it? xx

Back