What Weight Were You When You Fell Pregnant?

Hel

When I fell pregnant with my little boy I weighed 16st 10lb. I gained very little through the pregnancy, and on leaving the hospital after giving birth I weighed 15st. Pregnancy made me eat properly,it forced me to take care of my diet.

We've been trying for baby number 2 for 2 years now and nothing is happening. My doc says he doubts it is my weight because I fell pregnant in the 1st month of trying with my little boy. I am currently 16st 10lb.

So, what experience do you have of pregnancy and weight? Did you fall pregnant easily if you were overweight?Or, did you find losing weight increased your fertility?

Thanks x

Well with my first i weighed about 13 stone when i fell pregnant & i fell pregnant without trying - i put on a LOT of weight with that pregnancy. With my second i weighed a couple stone more but didn't have any problems conceiving. With my last one (who is only 2 weeks old) i weighed 17 stone 5 & it DID take us longer to conceive - we started trying in November 07 & it took us about 5 months of trying before we got there.
To be honest i think it depends on the person - some women can fall pregnant very easily while carrying extra weight while others have a hard time.

Thanks for replying to me Rayven :)

I always assumed that weight affected fertility,but when I fell pregnant with my son it was so simple. Also I have several friends who have all fallen pregnant very easily, they range in size from being 8 stone to 20 stone. One of them, who is 16 stone and the same height as me fell pregnant with the coil!!!!

Thanks for your input, x

To be honest i did wonder with my 3rd whether it took us so long to conceive because of my extra weight but i have a friend who is a lot bigger than me and she falls pregnant without even trying - so i'm not sure the extra weight is always relevent.
I hope you manage to conceive soon. xxxxx

For me it was a definite factor.......5 years it took and after 4 months on LT I got pregnant (lost 65llbs)

Bea, that is amazing! Really inspiring :)

I am starting to blame myself now, so this is the first time I am dieting for something other than me! I am hoping that losing weight for a BFP will be a real kick up the bum and help me stick to the diet.

I just wanted to say that you shouldn't blame yourself Hel.

I was 17.3 stones (242lbs) when I got pregnant with #1...it took us 15 months to get pregnant. 19.3 stones (270lbs) with #2 and it took about 8 months to get pregnant. 22.6 stones (317lbs) with #3 and it only took 3 months. I have PCOS though so that is the cause of my fertility problems and all my boys were conceived with the help of Clomid. However, PCOS symptoms and infertility are supposed to be better if your weight is in check however I weighed the most I had ever weighed and got pregnant the fastest out of the 3. :eek:

Back