what worked for you?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 13 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Ok, I've been doing this for over six months now. I'm meant to start moving up the plans once I lose another 7and half pounds BUT after finally getting back in the zone, I've lost it completely. Have eaten crap for the past three days!

This morning I started well - got to 6pm and then didn't stop eating. And it isn't good food I've been eating and I think that is because I'm kind of denying i'm doing it - if I eat junk it isn't real (don't ask me how I reach that conclusion but that is how it feels to me... If I were to cook/prepare a healthy meal it would make it more real to me for some reason).

If I had stuck to the plan I'd be moving up the plans in two weeks maximum. Now, I don't know what to do.

Having people tell me, just get back into it, leave it behind, remember your reasons etc etc. is not going to help me.

Has anyone been in the same position? What worked for you?

I don't even know if tough love is going to do it.

How can I not stick to this for 2 weeks when I've stuck to it so long already and by doing so now, I'd be freeing myself from all this that much sooner!!!??????

AHHHHHHH!

and I can't help but feel a sense of failure - even though I know you haven't failed until you stop trying... but I usually have the touch of the perfectionist to me so this is difficult to come to terms with.

Can anyone say something that might get through to me?

Please, as much as I appreciate the thoughts, I think reading "don't worry about etc" will just result in me having a long break from minimins ... just where my head is at now. I'm not feeling down I'm just incredibly frustrated.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having/has had a good day and enjoy your weekend too!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    This is prob gonna sound totally off the wall - but I have ONLY ever binged on crap! Never ever ever anything decent - what I mean by that is if I prepared myself a healthy meal and wouldnt binge - grab a sarnie, crisps, nuts, cheese etc - leaves plenty of room and plenty of effort to keep stuffing!

You are an extremley intelligent woman - that is clear but sometimes and I dont know the reason or I wouldnt be here - we do stupid ridiculous things that are of no benefit to us and our goals at all???? Why, its the $50million question, if you find the answer then great... You know you dont need to eat what you are eating - you are letting the choice of the food in your mouth outweigh your necessity to be slimmer and get to your goal... You are listening to the wrong voice thats all! Tell it to pi$$ off and that you've got plenty of time for all that when you are going back up your plans in order to maintain your weight not shift it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

Dancing, you haven't failed but you need to stop - now. Stop now and make a plan of what you're going to do, whether it be returning to SS or starting to move up the plans. Just take stock of where you are and where you want to go, don't listen to what anybody else is telling you they think you ought to do - this is all about you.

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I think you need to take this one step at a time and the first thing to focus on and think about is what is making you eat, there must be something... physical hunger, boredom, anxiety etc etc

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks guys.

Porgeous, thanks for making me think about things rather than just skirting around things in my head. Yes, I have anxiety at the moment and have taken steps to take control of that and i think that is why I managed to have a good day up until 6pm. So what set me off at 6pm? I think it must be boredom. I recently changed my working hours and I've had alot of spare time as a result. I had told myself I'd get into a routine, starting my day with exercise etc. but i haven't been doing it and have just frittered away my days. I'm going to get busy again come April but not occupying myself now is probably the other main factor here.

I think my will power has just been sapped from me lately and so motivating myself to exercise has been a challenge. If I shift my focus to getting my a into g with the exercise routine then sticking to the plan will probably follow.

7. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    .... or plain old sabotage? I have lost so many stones so many times I've lost count- get near 'normal' and then pig myself back to super fatty plus another stone! Why? Who knows- fear of being attractive, need to punish self, just a greedy cow? WI have not a clue why -but I do it.

So be careful. Stop-NOW!!!
    You have done so well- you have learned to know when you are hungry, you have shown stupendous will power. You have got to be slim. So stop eating now! Make a new start right away-not in the morning.
    You know what you need to do-don't screw it up now!!!

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I've wondered about the self sabotage too .... really don't think I'm afraid of being slim - ok, I'll have to find out if I have a personality that is attractive to others now, having hidden behind the fat all this time but I don't think that is enough to frighten me off from being slim. I get the feeling that control and rebellion are issues here for me.

But Time4Me is right - I'm listening to the wrong voice. But that voice is speaking far more loudly and convincingly than the other one right now. I know I can just make the decision and stick to it but it isn't happening.

I think the anxiety and boredom I've had lately are at the root of it. I am feeling a bit negative about myself - not hugely, but it is there and I guess that is the real problem. So, I need to find some positive thoughts about myself and that will come from doing my planned exercise and actually ENJOYING doing it. That is the key - no point doing it and feeling like I HAVE to.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get there and should be able to keep on the straight and narrow for the next three days as I'll be busy with work.

9. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I always think there is a reason behind every choice we make whether it be stuffing our faces or sitting on our backsides when we should be doing something else etc. It may not be immediately obvious what the reason is but it will be there somewhere. Sounds like you have identified what the possible cause may be and by identifying the cause you can hopefully alleviate the symptom.

10. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck
    xx

11. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Dancing,

How about treating exercise like it is a job? It could put some routine into your days as you say it is a quiet time for you? For me when at work I have the regiment of alarm going off....ltr of water and a bar on the way to job....work....more water....lunch(pack)...more water....work...walk at lunchtime...work....water....home....etc. However when weekends come I have to have a regiment to stave off boardom...alarm...gym...water...AND I GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! (walking/shopping/visiting/washing car....anything)Being at home with time on my hands is a recipe for disaster for me.

Another thought.....could you (subconciously) be worrying about loosing the routine of CD.....just an observation, but for me I dont have to think about what I am going to eat on CD, I just have to decide on the flavour....'working up the plans' will involve far more thought?
    Just my 2p worth!
    X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.