What's Aldi like for SW things?

Crunchy

This week I spent £130 on the weekly shop. I need to cut back and wanted to give our Aldi a go, it is quite a big one. What sort of things is Aldi good for. I am vegetarian.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its great for fruit, veg, pasta, rice passata, tins and cereal. But I do need a tesco shop for stock cubes frylight etc.

I'm veggie too, they only sell quorn mince so I have to do my frozen shop elsewhere too.

But I save a fortune doing this. 6 to feed in my house and for £50 in Aldi I have a whole trolley full.

Do they not do their own version of mug shots ? cup shots. Am a veggie too and my local shop in Aldi's so in there a lot.

I think I will go there next week for fruit n veg and food cupboard things and pop to tesco next door for other things I couldn't get, hopefully will save some pennies!! Eating healthy can be expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love Aldi and do the main part of my weekly shop there, it's good for all the essentials. Mine also has a Tesco next door so anything I haven't managed to get in Aldi can be picked up there. I usually buy:

• Rolls and bread (usually they have Hovis/Kingsmill much cheaper than elsewhere)
  • Cereal bars (you can have two of the Harvest Morn less than 70cals ones as your HexB and the choc orange ones are yummy)
  • Fruit and veg (the Aldi Super 6 is usually quite good and I always challenge myself to buy a whatever is in the deal and see what I can make with them)
  • Tins (beans, chopped tomatoes etc.)
  • Pasta and rice
  • Squash/cordial
  • Fresh and dried herbs and stock cubes
  • Crispbreads (4 of the rye crispbreads or 3 of the sesame ones can be used as your HexB)

I'm sure that there's loads more that I can't think of.

My weekly shopping bill has definitely reduced since I started shopping there.

Let us know what you think.

x

We also start our shopping in Aldi, usually get two bag fulls of fruit & veg for under £20-00, then what we can't get there we get at Sainsbury's, it really saves us a lot of money!

Lots of folk seem to like aldi but I find the quality of fruit and veg in my local stores to be poor. So it ends up being a false economy as it goes off a lot faster. I also think the super 6 can be very deceptive as they are often samller produce so the saving is not as great as it might appear at first glance. The other thing that annoys me is all the veg coming prepacked so you cat choose loose produce not to mention the unecessary packaging waste. So all in all I don't like them but that's just me. See what the quality is like locally :)

Lots of folk seem to like aldi but I find the quality of fruit and veg in my local stores to be poor. So it ends up being a false economy as it goes off a lot faster. I also think the super 6 can be very deceptive as they are often samller produce so the saving is not as great as it might appear at first glance. The other thing that annoys me is all the veg coming prepacked so you cat choose loose produce not to mention the unecessary packaging waste. So all in all I don't like them but that's just me. See what the quality is like locally :)
I totally agree! I have every supermarket bar Morrisons near me ( although nearest Morrisons is only 20 mins away) and I go between Waitrose and Tesco.
Tesco is closer to me but I work at Waitrose and get discount.
I must admit I've turned into a bit of a food snob since working at Waitrose hence why my one and only trip to Aldi was a disaster!!!
I like to pick out all my fruit and veg, I hate buying it pre packed as you always get bad ones (ESP with apples) and I'd rather pay a bit more to get the quality!

Back