whats all this then?...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sweetcheeks24, 19 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Sweetcheeks24

Sweetcheeks24 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello again :)

Just to say I am soooo excited about meeting my CDC on Monday for the first time, i'm really geared up to start this diet and more so seeing all of your losses.

On some of your losses in your sigs you have next to some weeks AAM and talk about weekends off and this type of thing.

Do you get weekends off after so long or something and what does AAM mean?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    AAM is add-a-meal week.. weekends off aren't given, that's just when people have chosen to have a weekend off for special occasions etc..

good luck for monday!

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I would advise you NEVER have a weekend off!! Make it easy on yourself and lose all the weight first.

Good luck

5. Sweetcheeks24

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ooooh I wasn't planning on having a weekend off lol, I just wondered why people did. I won't, one slip in my willpower and the diet will be out of the window hehe. I get my time off once I hit my goal and go on my cruise in August.

What is add a meal week then?

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

speak with your CDC as AAM may not apply to you - new rules brought in recently and there are different options of which plan you do when SSing. Best to speak to your CDC so we don't confuse you.

7. Sweetcheeks24

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    No its fine i'll speak to my CDC about my options but I wanted to know so I understand what people are talking about :-S

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh - sorry - I wasn't being offish or anything.

AAM is for people on the older plan and is where for one week, every fifth week we can add a small portion of protein and veg/salad to our daily pack intake.

there are a list of protein foods and veg/salad foods from which we can choose small amounts eg we can have 2tbsp on veg such as asapargus or brocolli, or cucumber. And differing amounts of certain proteins like cottage cheese, fish, chicken. It is also referred to as the white and green week.

9. Sweetcheeks24

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh no I didn't think you were being offish :)

Thanks for explaining, I think I am slowly getting the hang of understanding what people are talking about. Sure more will become clear once I have had my first meeting - Yay only 2 more sleeps left

10. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Welcome Sweetcheeks!

I start tomorrow having seen my CDC yesterday. The paperwork she gave me had AAM week every 3 months. Think i'll speak to her as I thought it was every month but it does look like that is the 'old' plan.

Are you sweetcheeks on another forum too? Hitched?

11. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Loopy! yes after every 4 weeks is the old plan.. after 12 weeks is the new one. the plans only changed around Feb time so there's still quite a few people on the old plan here :)

12. Sweetcheeks24

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am sweetcheeks on another forum yes - a pregnancy one though (not pregnant anymore lol) so don't know what hitched means :)

13. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hitched was the site - it has a Baby Talk section & wedding section on it, thought you were the same one lol!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.