Whats been your biggest challenge &how did you deal with it?

Nina22

Thought this might help out anyone who is struggling.
I was struggling yesterday,making deserts for christmas and just the fact of wanting to lick my fingers and not been able.Felt quite peed off to putnit politely as possible,and really felt like giving up.So I decided to take a look at the last year or two of holiday photos,oh my goodness,did that get me back in the zone!!!Ha ha never felt such an instant mind switch.There is no way I am eating until I reach my goal and when I go abroad next year,I will feel comfortable in the plane seat and not embarrassed of having pictures taken.I remember last year,I enjoyed holiday,but underneath I was so conscious of my size it took the edge off.I may be brave enough to post some of my before pics in my swimming costume,but not until I get to goal and can post the after ones too!Anyone else got any tips that got them through a typically tempting time?:smiley522:

Hey Nina I complitely agree with you, I cook for my hubby and the fact that I can't even lick the spoon makes me mad! But just like you I went on holidays last year to Italy and I was wearing long sleeve shirt most of the time! (it was summer) because I was too embarassed to uncover my big arms. I loved the holidays but I absolutely HATE the pictures! I looked sooo fat! so now when I struggle I look back at these horible pictures and remind myself that in spring I am planning to go on holidays and I DON'T WANT TO LOK SOO FAT ON MY PHOTOS!!! So keeping that in mind helps me going forward. I also spend a lot of time on the internet, watching movies, reading inspirational stories, talking to fiends on the phone, anything just to occupy my mind. Stay strong, you've come so far, not long to go and you'll be slim -what a beautiful word!! :D

TODAY!!!! Christmas Day has been the toughest day so far on LT no doubt about it. Cooking and serving out the Christmas dinner for everyone and then sitting at the table with just my shake was hard. But now that it's all done and I've cleared up I was just thinking to myself isn't it nice not to have that bloated feeling I always have on Christmas Day afternoon. I've had energy to keep playing games with the kids rather than crashing out for a snooze on the sofa! Boxing Day will be equally tough because we're visiting family but I keep thinking about the school summer holidays when I should be at my goal.

BusyMum well done for staying strong! If you could resist Christmas day surely YOU CAN resist ANYTHING now.
My day was quite busy, it was only me and my hubby and he isn't a big eater so he cooked for himself which allowed me to stay away from the kitchen. I am just surfing the department stores, looking at these lovely summer dresses that I am hoping to wear in the summer :D
Stay strong and good luck for tommorow! xx
ps. thank you for updating my record in Xmas challenge

BusyMum well done for staying strong! If you could resist Christmas day surely YOU CAN resist ANYTHING now.
My day was quite busy, it was only me and my hubby and he isn't a big eater so he cooked for himself which allowed me to stay away from the kitchen. I am just surfing the department stores, looking at these lovely summer dresses that I am hoping to wear in the summer :D
Stay strong and good luck for tommorow! xx
ps. thank you for updating my record in Xmas challenge

NewGirl you are doing fabulous! I wasn't sure if you were mad or brave starting in December when you did but you've obviously got fantastic willpower which will see you to your goal weight soon enough. You will definitely be in those summer dresses but get some sexy spring outfits aswell, you're going to be needing them!

Thank you BusyMum, it is people like yourself that inspire me most. The last few days I was off so had plenty of time to fantasise about food and I just kept reminding myslef that there are more Ladies going through the same challenge like me. Yours was even harder and for that reason I admire you a lot. I cannot imagine how happy you must be having lost nearly 4st! My weigh in is on friday and I hope I 've lost another 4ls at least, I've been drinking plenty of water (nearly 3l a day) over the last few days so hopefully the weigh will drop off. I am still looking at new outfits imagining myslef wearing them soon :D At the moment I hate cloth shopping, I prefer make up and skincare but hopefully when I reach my dream size I will love shopping again!
stay strong and see those lbs dropping, you are doing very very well! xx

Back