What's best for slimming lower legs?

Jenny809

Gold Member
I started running 7 months ago and have noticeably slimmer thighs but calfs are still big, I hate them! :-(

Any particular exercise help slim them down and not tone them up?!

I go running and swimming at the mo.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I think it's hard as some of it relates to how you're naturally built, my legs tend to be quite thick and become muscular quickly, but as long as they're in shape I don't mind, in terms of "where" you shed fat, your body determines that really and then toning determines definition etc, if you keep doing what you're doing you'll soon shed any remaining fat off your legs and build more compact muscle

Yea, unfortunately I think you're right :-( I suppose time will tell if they slim or not. I feel much happier in myself and have the confidence for skirts etc but still hate my legs!

Jenny809 said:
Yea, unfortunately I think you're right :-( I suppose time will tell if they slim or not. I feel much happier in myself and have the confidence for skirts etc but still hate my legs!

Do you take measurements? If not try measuring your calf then again over time, sometimes we're blind to the fact part of our body is fine, so if you can see the cm's coming off you'll realise they are getting smaller x

hells2012sw said:
Do you take measurements? If not try measuring your calf then again over time, sometimes we're blind to the fact part of our body is fine, so if you can see the cm's coming off you'll realise they are getting smaller x

Good point, might try that! Thanks x

Back