**What's for dinner?**

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
What did you have for dinner today? Maybe you could share a favourite recipe with others on here looking for low fat recipes.

Yesterday we had homemade turkey casserole and tonight we had spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread (yes with garlic bread, weight watchers one are low in fat!)

I do get stuck in a rut and tend to eat the same things every week so some new ideas would be very useful.

I am planning on making soup for lunches so tonight I made a leek & potato which is 2 Knorr veg stock pots in 3 pints of water, one large onion, 2 leeks, 2 fist sized potatoes & seasoning, boil it all together & blitz in food processor, I had some for tea with melba toasts...

I had jerk chicken n rice from the local shop 3g of fat n only 457calories

Now baking thin sliced beetroot at 200 for 35 mins with a few zaps of fry light on for mock vegetable crisps without the fat

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Good idea butter. Youvs just reminded me what I can do with the fresh beetroot I've got in the fridge

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am planning on making soup for lunches so tonight I made a leek & potato which is 2 Knorr veg stock pots in 3 pints of water, one large onion, 2 leeks, 2 fist sized potatoes & seasoning, boil it all together & blitz in food processor, I had some for tea with melba toasts...
Ooo yummy, I love homemade soup :)

I had jerk chicken n rice from the local shop 3g of fat n only 457calories

Now baking thin sliced beetroot at 200 for 35 mins with a few zaps of fry light on for mock vegetable crisps without the fat

What a fab idea, thanks hun, i LOVE beetroot crisps so i will have to try these myself over the weekend, will let you know how it goes! :) x

I generally cpok them for 35mins but if their still moist jus give them an extra 5mins x

Gonna do red pepper & tomato tomorrow..... My favourite parsnip & cheddar isn't likely to be safe now though......

ooo parsnip and cheddar sounds really yummy. I cant have cheese or dairy full stop and havent had it for about 4 years now, i miss cheese and yoghurts ooo and proper custard...

I had literally a sliver of mature stilton earlier when i was out shoping omg iv missed cheese the last month but mr tango man is not worth it

Tonight were having a curry with quorn pieces n lots of veg n low fat coconut milk

oooo enjoy your dinners ladies, we have had bhuna curry, once i totted it up it came to 19g of fat ( I had a sneaky onion bhaji not realising it would be 7g of fat!! Doh) i hope the fact that I have gone up to 15g on my other meals will equate it out a bit?
Wishful thinking eh. Silly Mare.

Sometimes being over the 15g is ok others tango occurs everyone is different

Morning Peeps, whats on the menu today?
I have just got back from my spa day and we had a lovely lunch at Frankie & Bennys fairly healthy! :)
tonight for dinner we are having Roast Chicken breast, Vegetables and Potatoes.

Havinh some home
Made lentil
N chilli soup later

I am at work so I have to bring something quick, I have a Bachelors savoury rice & a bag of mixed cauli, brocolli & carrot. Also have 2 satsumas with me, am about 350 cals under what I planned though so there is room for something later......

Ooh actually forget that I haven't tracked my banana so its only about 250

Last night we had Chicken Breast with salad and new potatoes.
Tonight we are having Steak and Oven Chips with Flat mushroom, Peas and a tomato mmmmm drooling already!

Mmmm steak *licks lips*

I think butter needs to start a recipe called' ' 101 meals to make with crab sticks and a side order if loo roll' :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back