What's for tea tonight?

thedream

Couldn't find a what's for tea thread for Atkins, so I thought I'd start one.

I'm super excited because I made a lamb korma this morning, I can't wait until this evening to eat it with some veggies.

Hope this thread gets buzzing and people share their creative meals (because I know how good some of you are at making some fab food :D)! x

I think this is a great idea! I just started today so will hopefully get some inspiration! Where did you find the Korma recipe? I'd be keen to try that!

I only had standard quick and easy, sausage, bacon boiled egg and spinach nothing exciting but Im in need of inspirational foods that I can cook! :) Great idea to create this page. Looking forward to seeing other peoples ideas xx

I think this is a great idea! I just started today so will hopefully get some inspiration! Where did you find the Korma recipe? I'd be keen to try that!

I sort of created my own recipe because I couldn't find one that I either had the ingredients for or was okay for induction.

Here's a rough recipe (I never really weight anything)

3tsp of east end korma masala spice (found in Tesco in the world foods bit)
200ml of cocout milk (could use less, it was quite coconutty)
100ml of double cream
knob of butter or oil heated to make a paste out of the spices
1tsp garlic
1tsp ginger
1tsp ground almond
Water

Heat oil/butter and add spices until like a paste. Add whatever meat, I used left over lamb. Coat meat with paste in pan then add all the other ingredients and water until desired consistency. Simmer for 15 mins, after which you may need to add more water.
x

I sort of created my own recipe because I couldn't find one that I either had the ingredients for or was okay for induction. Here's a rough recipe (I never really weight anything) 3tsp of east end korma masala spice (found in Tesco in the world foods bit) 200ml of cocout milk (could use less, it was quite coconutty) 100ml of double cream knob of butter or oil heated to make a paste out of the spices 1tsp garlic 1tsp ginger 1tsp ground almond Water Heat oil/butter and add spices until like a paste. Add whatever meat, I used left over lamb. Coat meat with paste in pan then add all the other ingredients and water until desired consistency. Simmer for 15 mins, after which you may need to add more water. x

That sounds delicious... Looks like an ingredient shop to Tesco again!

Been a busy day so me and OH are having a cheeky takeaway, the first since I've started Atkins. Im having a lamb and chicken shish kebab with salad and mayo :D x

I had some corn beef cooked with a shallot and some stringless beans... Very tasty and some corned beef left for breakfast :)

I've had steak, egg, mushrooms and salad. I'm so full!

I haven't even had breakfast yet and I'm already thinking about what I'll have for tea! Going to try my hand at my making zoodles tonight with homemade (so deffo low carb :D) meatballs and pesto x

I've just had chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and pesto wrapped in bacon, celeriac chips (actually like them more than real chips!) and cabbage x

I made:

bacon lardons (fried in own juice) added shredded kale and leek and wilted down
Then drained and put that aside and added chicken and cooked it in the juice
steamed broccoli and cauliflower Florette
Added it all to a casserole dish, dash of white wine, splodge of cream and sprinkled some cheese
baked in over for 20 mins

voila, like a casserole and very filling!

How do you make celeriac chips? Sound yum x

How do you make celeriac chips? Sound yum x

Much like you would with potato just peel the celeriac and cut in chips and cook in the oven in oil of your choice. I cooked them for 30 minutes, which was probably too long as they were quite mushy inside but still delicious flavour. I think they would only take 20 mins x

Thanks Hun Can they be fried or just oven cooked x

Back