Whats in your packed lunch?

SkinnieMinnie

Had abit of a syn packed weekend and was lucky to loose 1lb this week come back from group today inspired to do well this week :) heres my packed lunch for tomorrow, it consists of a cheese sandwich using my hexb & hexa, two pots with cherry tomatos and sliced cucumber. Ive also got some cheese curls which are 3 syns and an options which is 2, as i do green days ive got my other hexb, 2 hifi lights to eat on the bus to work for my breakfast :), hope you can see the picture and maybe post pics pf your lunch for tomorrow!

Attachments

• image-4034495051.jpg
    image-4034495051.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 345
Going to cinema with my daughters to watch Frankenweenie tomorrow so stealing your lunchbox idea...thanks :)

i went cinema on saturday night to stop me from drinking but ended up having a pick and mix instead! taking a packed lunch would be a good idea to make sure you dont get tempted. have fun xxx

What a good idea!! Tomorrow my packed lunch is a tub of veg soup, an apple, a banana and carrot sticks for the munches!!

I'm not going anywhere to have a packed lunch tomorrow but I do intend to have a cooking day, so to stop me picking whilst cooking Ill put one up. I made some sw muffin size quiches today. Ill have 2 of these with some cherry tomatoes,carrots and cucumber and some home made tsatziki, followed by melon,kiwi and strawberries

I've got some leftovers today - peri peri chicken (1syn) spicy rice, green beans and cabbage - only half 7 and I'm looking forward to it already lo

I'm rubbish at making lunchboxes! I'll usually have cous cous and salad, with hummous (HEXB) and 4 ryvita (HEXB) ... theres not an awful lot a vegan can eat for lunch without having lots of syns in it!

I don't bring a packed lunch, as I get a fresh jacket potato for my dinners, but with starting at 8am I do bring in breakfast and snacks for throughout the day. Today I've brought an apple, a banana, 2 lemon Muller lights and 2 rocky road HiFi lights.

Mandlegrot said:
I'm rubbish at making lunchboxes! I'll usually have cous cous and salad, with hummous (HEXB) and 4 ryvita (HEXB) ... theres not an awful lot a vegan can eat for lunch without having lots of syns in it!

Why not make your own hummous for free and save a b choice? Or make pasta or rice or bulgar wheat salad or chunky veg and lentil soup. Not sure why your lunch has to be high syn?

the free hummous has creme fresh in it (what is that?? haha) and the texture isn't great without it, or tahini/oil. Soup I always have to have bread...bad habit eh?

salads are great but its now getting colder and I want stodge...not cold pasta :( jacket potatos are good but can't have them on the move...eeeek

the free hummous has creme fresh in it (what is that?? haha) and the texture isn't great without it, or tahini/oil. Soup I always have to have bread...bad habit eh?

salads are great but its now getting colder and I want stodge...not cold pasta :( jacket potatos are good but can't have them on the move...eeeek

I make hummous with chick peas, lemon juice, seasoning, coriander if I have it and a bit of water to loosen the texture. I don't add anything else. Creme fraiche isn't free, I'd suggest people might add quark but I wouldn't. A tsp of tahini isn't that high in syns if you must have it.

If you make a really chunky soup with pulses then I'm sure you wouldn't need bread, it's a good habit to break anyway. My soup today has sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, onion, potato, tinned tomatoes and red lentils - no way would I want or need bread with it.

I was just making a few suggestions though as you said it's hard to have something for lunch which isn't high syn.

the free hummous has creme fresh in it (what is that?? haha) and the texture isn't great without it

Syn free hummus is so easy to make. All you need to do is blitz up a tin of chickpeas with some fat free fromage frais/natural yogurt, garlic and lemon juice. You can easily change the texture by adding more fromage frais/yogurt - I made it last week and it was exactly like the shop bought variety. You can even add extras before blitzing such as coriander or roasted peppers, just to give it an extra flavour.

So much for my packed lunch that wasn't a packed lunch lol. My * week started this morning and I feel lousy, hardly moved all day as my cramps are agony. So all ive eaten is a banana as I cant be bothered to do owt else. God help me tonight at WI - I just wanna cuddle up to my hot water bottle

Syn free hummus is so easy to make. All you need to do is blitz up a tin of chickpeas with some fat free fromage frais/natural yogurt, garlic and lemon juice. You can easily change the texture by adding more fromage frais/yogurt - I made it last week and it was exactly like the shop bought variety. You can even add extras before blitzing such as coriander or roasted peppers, just to give it an extra flavour.

I'm vegan :(which means no yogurt/creme fresh/fromage frais. There is no low fat or syn free vegan 'yogurt' so no free hummous for me. I will try and get into free hommous without the dairy but the texture is horrible and I can't think of what to put in it to make it smoother. I used to make gallonns of my own hummous but it had oil in it...man it was lush but very very high in syns. If I could have free hommous I'd be happy...I'd eat it every day, with different stuff, different flavour. Hummous to me is like eggs, yogurt, ham and cheese to non-veggies.

I make hummous with chick peas, lemon juice, seasoning, coriander if I have it and a bit of water to loosen the texture. I don't add anything else. Creme fraiche isn't free, I'd suggest people might add quark but I wouldn't. A tsp of tahini isn't that high in syns if you must have it.

If you make a really chunky soup with pulses then I'm sure you wouldn't need bread, it's a good habit to break anyway. My soup today has sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, onion, potato, tinned tomatoes and red lentils - no way would I want or need bread with it.

I was just making a few suggestions though as you said it's hard to have something for lunch which isn't high syn.

The reason I'm 6 stone overweight is very simple - I love bread, hummous and lots of cider and rum. I eat pretty healthily, I'm vegan, eat lots of fruit and veg, no fatty stuff etc...but I loveeee bread. I've done well so far on SW and haven't cheated but its hard eating soup without bread - imagine a roast dinner without meat or gravy to a carni, its that sort of relationship. But I'll get there - I fired up the slow cooker today and made some thick lentil soup. next week will make some chunky moroccan tagine soup and have it with ryvita instead of bread. I hope it works!!

With your hummous does it taste ok - as in, anything like 'normal' hummous? Is the texture the same? do you have it smooth or chunky? sorry for questions but if i can crack the free hummous then I'm on to a winner ;)

I don't like chunky hummous so I just keep on whizzing mine until it is smooth. I add water to make it a bit smoother, I never add dairy.

It doesn't taste like shop bought as it doesn't have tahini in it but I love it. As Stevie said, roasted peppers are divine in it, but I always add lemon juice, garlic, fresh and ground coriander.

I would syn tahini, but the only one I've seen is a massive jar and it would just last forever, so I've never bought it. It is worth the syns though.

Just keep on experimenting :)

PS - Im a meat eater but I can happily eat a roast without gravy! I'm just odd I guess!!!
Just keep trying it :)

I'm going to have the try the hommous soon, when I finally get a job having some on crackerbreads or whatever you call them seems like a great idea for lunch

How odd that this thread has lead onto a conversation about houmas! A women at class made roasted pepper houmas and it was so gorgeous that i asked her for the recipe and she printed it off for me :) (how sweet)

Thia recipe contains cottage cheese, does anyone know if i would be able to freeze it as i dont think il eat it that fast just want little pots of it for my lunch at work x

Mandlegrot said:

When I make hummus I put total 0% Greek yog in it and if I don't want to use tahini and save syns I add roasted peppers or those spicy peppadew peppers and blitz and it tastes fantastic hope that helps

Back