Cruise PV whats the best way to alternate days?

babyfirefly

Im going to start the cruise phase on saturday and just wondered how people alternate days. does everyone do alternate or can you mix it up? Also just want to check about carrots! is this a tolerated food and should only be eaten in moderation?

Any help would be great x

I'm the same as you! I think I'm going to try alternate days, then I'm never far away from eating veg.

Sounds like a sensible option! the thought of 2 pv days over the weekend is appealing tho. think i will try and alternate. Good luck with the cruise phase. x

Hi, I have always followed the book and done 1/1 PP/PV As is said its only ever a day away from veg. There is always one day over the weekend then that will be a veg day. Invariably for me a saturday PV day ends up being a salad, and a sunday PV day is a roast and veg.

Its done that way for a reason, because Dr D found that people stuck better to the 1/1 alternate rather than the original 5/5.

Carrotts and beetroot are high in sugar and its recommended that you not eat them for more than one meal on the PV days. I find if I do veggie sticks for lunch i do one carrott. But I don't then have it at my teatime in veg or salad. Try to limit your intake of these two.

Also your veg should be 1 third of the plate and your protein 2 thirds, although thats not always pratical when its a salad from instance.

Thankyou for your advice, will defo alternate days. very much looking forward to my salad tomorrow, think i have eaten it ten times over in my head already. I have ordered some bits from the dukan shop too. xx

Bff enjoy your salad today xxx

Salad was my first veg meal too, love salads.....I could eat a whole plate full, need to be careful of how much though cos I prob eat too much LOL

Back