What's the difference between....

GretaGrip

Gold Member
Cambridge diet products and Slim and Save products? Apart from the glaringly obvious that is ... The price!

I've worked out that the S and S products are almost half the price of the CD ones. Can anyone tell me if they are identical in terms of nutrients/ carbs/ calories etc?

If so, I'll probably switch as I don't need the benefit of a counsellor, although I appreciate that some folk do.

Any thoughts gratefully received

Ive actually just switched cos of the price

With slim and save you still get all the nutrients ect but you need to have 4 packs a day to get the full amount

If you decide to only have 3 you can have a 100g of protein too but they also say take a multivitamin to get all the nutrients.

On either the 3 or 4 packs you can also have if you want 200g of veg off a list simalar of that on sole soure plus/810

I've never heard of slim and save before I pay £47.25 for 21a week of cd products but for £98.99 I can have 4 weeks that's nearly half price is it the same as I can get weighted and measured free by my mum.

Thanks all.

Yes, Slim and Save is, from what my research so far shows me, more or less identical to CD, minus the counsellor. Got to be worth the switch hasn't it? I have just bought another lot of Cambridge products from my CDC and now need to think of ways to wind this down with her. A little tricky as she is a mum at the school that my youngest attends so the last thing I want to do is cause any bad feeling but it seems insane to pay almost double for what is effectively the same stuff!

Iv just had a look through the website, amd if infact id need 4 packs a day.... It only saves me £2?
If u stick to the cheaper pack of 3 shakes a day (like we are) id still need to make it up with protein and vitamins (which would bulk the cost back up to what i pay now?)
Or have i got this wrong?!!!!

Hmm not sure. I shall look more later on.

I can't see me having 4 packs a day nor 3 packs plus a meal though? Am aware that they recommend this to ensure the correct amount of nutrients but I'm not too fussed about that, personally speaking of course! I only intend to SS for another few weeks and then I'm done. I'm hoping 2 more weeks will see me down to 10 st 7 and then I can think about introducing an evening meal.

The bars, however, are literally half the price of Cambridge though. I spend over £15 on those alone a week. I could halve this? Unless in reading that wrong

Yeah its all cheaper! The bars defo! Im kinda the same... Half the time i only end up having 2 shakes a day anyway! Its defo something to think about - cost of delivery also, i defo think i can cope without my cdc -
Im gonna try those water retention pills too i saw on our other convo u mentioned them im so bloated all the time with the water intake,
Quite frankly im effin fed up - i just wana wake up skinny tomora and stuff my face!!

Well this may be coincidental but I took a full days supply of them yesterday and the scales shifted this morning! However i do not suffer from water retention or bloating so god knows if they worked? Worth a try anyway under controlle conditions surely ?

Which ones did u get?
Im pretty sure i do retain water?! Hardly ever go for a wee for a start!! With drinking 3+ L of water a day?!
Worth a try anyway! X

I got the Boots own brand ones. Compared them with 'Aqua Ban ' and the ingredients were identical. Under £3 for 60 tabs

I have seen this as well, thinking of moving from 4 packs a day only cambridge to 4 packs a day slim and save.

Mostly because of the seelection of food the big downside for me so far has been the almost entirely "soup/shake" based make up of Cambridge, just 3 weeks in tis starting to grind my down already.

The other side of it is the cost for 4 packs a day on slim an save if i Bought a months supply I would be saving nearly £100

I have also done some reading and the consensus is the silm and save stuff apparently is quite tasty too.

I guess if you rely on your CDC councillor and the meetings and the scales then thats a reason to stick with CDC however my other half completed lighter life (9 and a half stone loss) over a year and a bit ago so I have a live in councillor for the most part!

Did you know that the guidelines for cd are that you have to have 3 packs a day plus a low carb meal from list or 4 packs a day. No supposed to have just 3 packs a day any more. Slim and save have the same guidlines.

As for water retention tablets you be carefull, if your havin trouble with your bladder then see your gp. Don't wanna mess about with your electrolytes.

And yea slim and save is half the price. I've slowly started it. Now I need to let my CDC know but don't know how. Hmmmm

Thankfully my bladder is just fine ; )

I thought that you had 4 packs on CD if you were a man or over 5 ft something or other ? 3 packs a day plus the meal is step two isn't it? I'm 5 ft 4, 11 stone and wold be hard pushed to fit in 4 packs that's for sure

It's all changed, new guidlines, Your CDC should of told you this, mine did, she been a CDC for over 30 years but told me it was up to me as I did this diet before so know how it works.

I had no idea ?

I shall check out the their website later as last week that was still showing the steps as 3 products a day ...

Thanks

rainydays and mondays said:
Hi littlemuma 3+ Litres of water a day plus the amount to make up your shakes is far too much, and you can end up retaining fluids.

Is it really too much?? My cdc has not mentioned anything, i need this much as im always hungry so having the water fills me up (for a while at least...)

Well if 3 packs a day will b ok then mayb il see about moving on too?!! Hmmm again how to tell the cdc!

What are electro -somethings??! Lol? The tablets were just an option as i know i retain fluid easily - my legs have still not gone dwn from giving birth in feb, and i just think for the amount of water im drinking, i should be weeing more than 2-3times a day, my tummy always feels bloated after water concumption, hmmm

Try reducing your water to two litres, take these tabs for a few days and see what that results in?

God it's all a hard slog isn't it? What is your ultimate goal little? I still can't quite decide- changes from day to day. I was thoroughly fed up with being fat though so it makes a change to not be. For the first time in 7 years.

Back