1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the difference? JUDDD/DODO/5:2 -24 or 36 hrs

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by sammyzip50, 26 February 2014 Social URL.

1. sammyzip50

sammyzip50 Well-Known Member

Blimey!

Not sure with all the types and versions!

Please shed some light as I am sure one of them is for me :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Twinrix

Twinrix Well-Known Member

Good question and I hope more will answer.
    This is how I have perceived it. Almost all is the same principle, you faster 2 days out of the 7 in a week but they should not follow each other. You can call it JUDDD/DODO/5:2.
    The hours is about how long time it should take in between the meals at a faster day. Personally I go for the 36hrs as I wish to empty my glucogen levels in my muscles and trick my metabolism to burn fat instead. So HOW??
    I have the "Last supper" (dramatic - isn't it) the evening before a faster day at 8 PM and wait until 2 PM the following day to have my 500 cal mean. Then I don't eat anything until breakfast the next morning. Same procedure the next day.
    I hope this shed some light

4. fattifi

fattifi Well-Known Member

JUDDD is "Johnsons Up Day Down Day Diet- Also known as alternate day fasting- you fast (consume fewer than 500cals) every other day.

5:2 you fast 2 days out of 7.

DODO I have no idea!

Some people, especially those on JUDDD, fast for 24hrs- e.g 2pm one day to 2pm the other, that way they eat everyday. It works for some people and works best on JUDDD rather than 5:2. 5:2 works best on a 36hr fast e.g fasting from 10pm on a feast day to 8am on your next feast day, consuming only 500cals in between. I hope this helps?

5. 2012willdoit

2012willdoit 2016 Fitness/Fatness Status Changes

Sod the science - that will work whichever way you choose. Just have a shot at all of them and see which one suits you.

I started JUDDDing and, months before Dr Moseley, had settled on what has now become 5:2 as my own variation. JUDDD is older than most but they are all variations on a theme. None is more right than any other. None works better, costs more/less, has more/less credibility.

All are variations on Intermittent Fasting and the only real rule is try to have 24 hours with very, very few kcals at least twice a week. That's it!

All you have to do now is work out which pattern suits you and your lifestyle best.

If it helps, I have Monday and Thursday as Down Days. So I will eat at about 6-7pm on Sunday and then won't eat more than 500kcals until about 10 - Noon on Tuesday. So I manage 36 - 40 hours with 500kcals. There was no science behind that choice, it just fits and is doable for me.

Good luck :)

6. Twinrix

Hi 2012Willdoit, I couldn't agree with you more on finding your own way to succeed. Have you also tried 3:4 scheme?

7. KittyBling

KittyBling Well-Known Member

The only difference is the number of fast days in the week. JUDDD is 3, 5:2 id 2, DODO is presumably also 3. Find which one works best for you and your lifestyle and go for it!

8. Twinrix

Hmm ... I wasn't sure about that difference. Then JUDDD is not what I do. Thanks for clarify

9. Want2BeSlim

Want2BeSlim Well-Known Member

I agree, just give it a go and go with whichever either works best for you and your lifestyle. I've only ever tried JUDDDD. I had considered trying 5:2, I liked the thought of just two 'down days' but just didn't think I'd be able to lose on it so I stayed with doing alternate days.

10. Twinrix

It sounds hard to fast three days in a week, might try it though if I don't move my weight downward.

11. Twinrix

Is there any 2,5:4,5 diet? Monday, Wednesday and half Friday