Whats with the "ketosis" fuss... ???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by needtofeelnormal, 24 September 2008 Social URL.

1. needtofeelnormal

needtofeelnormal Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Ok, Ive been on the SS CD and this is now day 8... I keep reading "our friend ketosis" .... "isnt ketosis wonderful"...

i am defo in ketosis (so my little pee sticks say) .... but i feel NO different! Still hungry (sometimes), still getting headaches and still feel amazingly tired!

Whats this ketosis fuss all about i ask myself... and fellow weight loss supporters!!!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Many people don't feel hungry whilst in ketosis, have more energy and view it as a positive sign of burning fat.

Some don't feel the benefits - maybe you will further along the line.

4. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    well, I suppose it is different for everyone, I never did the pee sticks but within days of following the diet to the letter, I suddenly felt very little hunger, felt buzzy, energetic and generally fab. The only down side was I had a foul taste in my mouth! But that subsided. I dont feel as buzzy or have that euphoric feeling, but I still dont feel hungry (unless I am late drinking a shake) and I know if I was eating this little usually I would be grumpy as hell. I did CD a few years ago and I really remember the difference switching from ketosis to 'normal hunger' and the difference was startling. So yes! I do feel ketosis is my friend because I couldn't stick to this diet without it

5. needtofeelnormal

needtofeelnormal Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    thanks guys, hopefully this feeling of well being will catch up with me soon! fingers crossed! Good luck with your weight loss :) xx

angie-bum likes this.
  6. abz

abz Gold Member

it wasn't until i moved up a plan or two and felt genuine hunger as my body started to come out of ketosis that i realised that what i had been taking as hunger had quite often been strong cravings. i had forgotten over the weeks what the genuine feeling was. i hope the benefits do catch up with you hon. i was never euphoric or any of that but i did get to the point where i'd forget to have a shake and have to get out of bed to have it, you'll get there too :)

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.