Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Whats with the "ketosis" fuss... ???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by needtofeelnormal, 24 September 2008 Social URL.

1. needtofeelnormal

needtofeelnormal Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Ok, Ive been on the SS CD and this is now day 8... I keep reading "our friend ketosis" .... "isnt ketosis wonderful"...

i am defo in ketosis (so my little pee sticks say) .... but i feel NO different! Still hungry (sometimes), still getting headaches and still feel amazingly tired!

Whats this ketosis fuss all about i ask myself... and fellow weight loss supporters!!!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Many people don't feel hungry whilst in ketosis, have more energy and view it as a positive sign of burning fat.

Some don't feel the benefits - maybe you will further along the line.

4. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    well, I suppose it is different for everyone, I never did the pee sticks but within days of following the diet to the letter, I suddenly felt very little hunger, felt buzzy, energetic and generally fab. The only down side was I had a foul taste in my mouth! But that subsided. I dont feel as buzzy or have that euphoric feeling, but I still dont feel hungry (unless I am late drinking a shake) and I know if I was eating this little usually I would be grumpy as hell. I did CD a few years ago and I really remember the difference switching from ketosis to 'normal hunger' and the difference was startling. So yes! I do feel ketosis is my friend because I couldn't stick to this diet without it

5. needtofeelnormal

needtofeelnormal Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    thanks guys, hopefully this feeling of well being will catch up with me soon! fingers crossed! Good luck with your weight loss :) xx

angie-bum likes this.
  6. abz

abz Gold Member

it wasn't until i moved up a plan or two and felt genuine hunger as my body started to come out of ketosis that i realised that what i had been taking as hunger had quite often been strong cravings. i had forgotten over the weeks what the genuine feeling was. i hope the benefits do catch up with you hon. i was never euphoric or any of that but i did get to the point where i'd forget to have a shake and have to get out of bed to have it, you'll get there too :)

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.