Ground almonds
Coconut flour
Maple syrup
Honey
Pecan nuts
Macadamia nuts
Coconut oil
Almond butter

There is some great blogs around fir recipe ideas so best to have a look and decide what to buy from that x

Thanks guys. I got the Robb Paleo book and am reading my way through it with a view to starting next week.

I have one freezer totally cleared, defrosted and awaiting stocking with meat and veggies.

I got:

Apples, satsumas, raspberries, blueberries, melons, frozen berry mixes

Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, leeks, carrots, onions, aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, butternut squash, chinese lettuce, passata, swede, brussel spouts, cucumber

Chicken (whole) x2, chicken breast x1kg, chicken thighs, beef steaks, beef roasting joint, bacon, gammon joint, pork loin steaks, pork steaks (rib), beef mince

Salmon fillets, white fish fillets, mussels

Walnut oil, cider vinegar, walnuts, almonds (whole with skin on), balsamic vinegar and a large bottle of olive oil

My to get list later next week is: Coconut oil,

Obviously I'll have to top up the veg and fruit next week but am hoping the fish and meat keeps us going a wee while.

I got:

Apples, satsumas, raspberries, blueberries, melons, frozen berry mixes

Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, leeks, carrots, onions, aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, butternut squash, chinese lettuce, passata, swede, brussel spouts, cucumber

Chicken (whole) x2, chicken breast x1kg, chicken thighs, beef steaks, beef roasting joint, bacon, gammon joint, pork loin steaks, pork steaks (rib), beef mince

Salmon fillets, white fish fillets, mussels

Walnut oil, cider vinegar, walnuts, almonds (whole with skin on), balsamic vinegar and a large bottle of olive oil

My to get list later next week is: Coconut oil,

Obviously I'll have to top up the veg and fruit next week but am hoping the fish and meat keeps us going a wee while.

Sounds like a great start :D
The meat should last, have the chicken breast and thighs got skin on? Its best if they do but if not just add plenty of butter when cooking as fat is a big part of this way of eating :)

If you Google paleo recipes you will get some great ideas for meals x

The chicken thighs have skin on, the breasts are skinless but I can always add more fats and oils later.

When I'm off work I'll take a trip along to my local Asian grocer and get some ghee and some coconut oil. They also do VERY cheap Coconut powder (flour) which I; already familiar with when using to thicken Korma.

Also, I've not officially started yet, but had dinner of slow cooked chicken, with vegetables, an apple and some gravy (naughty), For pudding had 100g frozen berries and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar over.

I have ordered a vegetable 'shredder' to make noodles from veggies which I think the wee one will love, and nightshift tonight so for 'dinner' have a salmon fillet and a tub of stir fry veggies.

Got Almond milk if I fancy a milky drink later in the week.

Bone broth (from chicken carcass, until I get home of some beef or pork bones) in the slow cooker. I even snapped the bones to ensure as much marrow released as possible. Husband is moderately repulsed ;)

Ha Ha, loved the mage of the repulsed husband! Sounds like you are on a roll so good luck. I've only been paleo a week but have been very low carb for nearly two years - my shopping list includes medjool dates, one a day with a cup of coffee is my treat at the minute and the kids love them too. Why don't you try fruits or veg that you've never had before - I've got plantains ripening at the minute as I'm going to make scones with them and they are delicious fried when green too (then they taste like potatoes).

Back