WHATS YOUR BEST TIP??????

So as my title says what's your best tip.

mine is, 2litre of water with no added sugar squash rather than just tap water and Quaker oats made with water rather than milk, (both simple ideas but work for me).

any tips, buddies or support would be appreciated to keep me motivated.

good luck to all those who are trying to loose weight, keep your end goal insight. My goal is 28lb in 28 weeks realistic weight loss.

im fast approaching 40 with a lovely husband, two wonderful kids and a lazy labrador, would love to have the figure I had when I was in my mid twentys, OK so that might be a bit unrealistic but I can try.

mountains can be climbed with little steps, let our journeys continue.

My tips:
Drink lots of water-it really does make a difference to me
Allow some treats-ice cream in this weather is heavenly
Use spices and herbs to make food more interesting
Sugar free jelly is a nice dessert
Paint your nails when the chocolate urge strikes
Don't buy the food you know you have trouble saying no to

That really is my problem, buy choc biscuits, crisps and sweets and whilst in the shop tell myself there for the kids, problem is deep down I know I'm going to eat them myself when the kids have gone to bed.

painting my nails is a good idea, and links into another of my goals to actually grow my nails.

guess my main problem is not having a lot of self control, that's why I feel this forum will be good for me as I can see my bad habits written down for what they really are, no excuses

any support, tips or buddies will be great for me to achieve my goals.

Yep I found that if I bought things for the kids I would eat most of it myself.I do buy the Tesco extra value choc ices as they're only 95 calories each.Surprisingly the kids have been OK with not having snacks.They get fruit or yogurt instead.I do occasionally buy a bar of chocolate but we share it and then that's it till next time.

Starting today off as a good day 500ml of no added sugar squash then hopefully rest of day will be easier to follow.

another 500ml no added sugar squash, maybe it's not as good as plain water but find it easier to get through larger quantities of squash.

Last edited:
If you buy those things for your children, aren't you just teaching them that snacking on rubbish is a good idea?

No i don't think so, I teach them to eat snacks in moderation, my problem is applying those rules to myself, my children fully understand the benefits of a healthy balanced diet which does include some sugary treats, which are eaten at meal times.

Last edited:
Ok so i realise i wont be able to keep up with a daily food diary but i am going to log my weight every wednesday in order to track my progress.

Morning all, just checking in to see how everyone is doing, I'm feeling positive about achieving my goal again this week, good luck all on your weight loss journey.

Congratulations on your weight loss Binky, my weigh day is wednesday (fingers crossed) although I do realise that losing weight has nothing to do with luck just my willpower.

Another 1lb loss, I know it's only a small loss, but my journey is meant to be long, let me know how everyone is doing.

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm
Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Congratulations systema on your weight loss, I am also celebrating my loss for this week and for for achieving my personal goal of 1lb per week long term.

Back