whats your biggest gain ??? and

*camogirl*

do you always really have to confess all in the group meeting, we have announce our losses/gains etc (is that normal ??)

tonight is my 3rd wi...so far both other wi's havent been great, pretty rubbish actually....anyway this week i have been ill'er than an ill thing :sigh: and among other things, too long and boring to mention it has sent me crazy....im sure.....i have been head first in the chocolate box ?!?!?! and i hardly EVER eat chocolate (talking, once every 6weeks, if that !!) am dreading WI....i know it'll be around 3lb gain :cry::cry: am panicking now.....

i got frowned at last week for only losing 1lb, am now stressing i'll get "told off" for gaining, tempted not to go !!!!!!!

Whatever the result you should go to WI and wipe the slate clean. It's nothing that your Consultant hasn't seen before and you can say to the group that you had a difficult week but you don't have to say what the result was - tell whoever weighs you that you don't want to discuss it in front of the group.

I never missed a class even when I knew the result might be bad, that's when you need your group more than ever, when things aren't going smoothly, you need them more.

It might not be as bad as you think, so go and start afresh tomorrow.

First of all I don't think it's right that the amount you gain should be announced in group. My consultant just says '(name) has had a little gain this week, but she's stayed to group so round of applause'. That way as far as everyone else knows you might have only put on half a pound, even if you have put on half a stone!

Seriously though I've gained 12.5lb in once week before now and it always comes off in the end. Whatever the scales show tonight just remember that if you come home and have a good week afterwards, there's no reason why that won't be the last time you see that number on the scales.

Best of luck for tonight, don't focus on what the scales say this week just on making them move for the next. x

Whatever the result you should go to WI and wipe the slate clean. It's nothing that your Consultant hasn't seen before and you can say to the group that you had a difficult week but you don't have to say what the result was - tell whoever weighs you that you don't want to discuss it in front of the group.

I never missed a class even when I knew the result might be bad, that's when you need your group more than ever, when things aren't going smoothly, you need them more.

It might not be as bad as you think, so go and start afresh tomorrow.

thanks so much....yes you're right, up until a few weeks ago i used to help WI at WW !!!!!!! :D and i never used to bat an eyelid when someone gained, so this should be no different, its just harder when the tables are turned lol.....i'll definately go and plan for new start tomorrow.....

First of all I don't think it's right that the amount you gain should be announced in group. My consultant just says '(name) has had a little gain this week, but she's stayed to group so round of applause'. That way as far as everyone else knows you might have only put on half a pound, even if you have put on half a stone!

Seriously though I've gained 12.5lb in once week before now and it always comes off in the end. Whatever the scales show tonight just remember that if you come home and have a good week afterwards, there's no reason why that won't be the last time you see that number on the scales.

Best of luck for tonight, don't focus on what the scales say this week just on making them move for the next. x

our leader goes round the room and every person announces if they've lost/gained and the amounts etc.....i kinda like the idea as you get to see average losses etc, but its almost like "name and shame" for those that have gained.....:( maybe all groups are different and like i say im relatively new, so will see how it goes tonight.......you are so right about the gians coming off again, i shouldnt get worked up about it, its life after all !!!!!!!

Fortunately we don't 'name & shame' at our class.

I recently returned from 3 wks in India & put on 7lb, to say I was shocked was an understatement. I normally put on 1lb if that. Anyway, India was different the food was out of my control so I'm just not worrying about it. I've been back 2 wks & still trying to get back to target (4lbs). But I have had a kidney infection which has left me really bloated, but I am still going to class tomorrow night.;)

Ours does 'Crys is here tonight with an overall loss of xxx' we all clap, then 'you had a little gain this week, how do you feel about that?' (regardless of the gain, it's always 'a little').

Definitely go though, illness happens to everyone, as does falling off the wagon. At the end of the day, if someone else had gained you wouldn't think the worst of them, you'd just encourage them to pick it up and start again. So that's what your group should be doing for you :)

Good luck hon

My consultant thinks its not fair to announce everyones gains and losses so the only announcements that are made are when stickers are handed out for 1/2st 1st etc, slimmer of the week / month. Im so pleased that our weights, losses, gains are not made public as it would be so uncomfortable. Hugs hun xxx

You can ask your C not to include you at all in IT if you prefer - but the support you'll get if you've had a gain is worth gritting your teeth for xxx

I'm expecting a horrid gain too....

I'm a bit weird though that I think it's admitting it to myself that bothers me and not if anyone else knows. I'm DREADING tonight but I know I'll tell everyone how much I've put on... My c would never announce it but I will feel better telling everyone.

i think its wrong to announce gains, losses is ok it motivates people, our consultant will say so and so has lost so much in total and and thats that unless you want to say otherwise..

i think its wrong to read it out otherwise and hun if you really don't want it read out tell your consultant she won't then, and besides that point consultants are there to spur you on not put you down cause you have put on, i love my slimming world consultant shes the best, i just think some f the consultants are just stuck in there ways to be honest

I must be the only person who doesn't mind people knowing I've gained. Most times I know why, and when we can't think why it's happened, others are able to help and suggest reasons why. Personally, it's admitting things haven't quite gone to plan and knowing what to do next week. After all, if losing weight was sooooo easy and we never gain, no-one would be overweight.

I must be the only person who doesn't mind people knowing I've gained. Most times I know why, and when we can't think why it's happened, others are able to help and suggest reasons why. Personally, it's admitting things haven't quite gone to plan and knowing what to do next week. After all, if losing weight was sooooo easy and we never gain, no-one would be overweight.

I also have no problem with my C announcing a gain, for me there would be no point in staying at group if no-one knew how i'd done.

And as above, if there's a reason then it shouldn't be a problem because then you can fix it for next week.

xx

I am more concerned that your consultant frowned at 1 lb loss! That is an excellent healthy rate of weight loss and should be applauded!!!!
Well done. Go for a pound next week too! Forget the gain :)

I am more concerned that your consultant frowned at 1 lb loss! That is an excellent healthy rate of weight loss and should be applauded!!!!
Well done. Go for a pound next week too! Forget the gain :)

Could'nt agree more, might be worth seeing if there is another group nearby. i used to go to SW whilst pregnant with my oldest but my C made me feel awful if i gained 1/2lb whilst pregnant. I ended up leaving and gaining a lot of extra weight. I wish i had changed groups back then, i rejoined last year at a new group and my C is so supportive.

Don't worry if you have had a gain it happens to us all at some point. Good luck x

Back