Whats your exercise plan?

parisienne

Hey everyone,
I'm interested to know what everyones exercise plan or regime is? Do you have a strict diary you keep to, or do you find it easier to just make sure you do a set amount of stuff in the week? Or is it ad hoc? At the moment I'm just kinda of doing exercise as I feel like it, 1-3 times a week (gym/exercise video/zumba) but to get real results I know this won't really be enough. I'm keen to know how others have organised their time and what they find useful! x

Exercising inside bores me so the plan is a 8/10 mile bike ride 3 times a week and a few walks. But I don't find this much of an effort so I need to try something else.

I saw The Biggest Loser USA this afternoon and I couldn't believe the way some of them (who are much bigger than me) were running on the treadmill etc. It was brilliant motivation!

Will be interested to see what others are doing...

for now until november its this:
mon- double body attack classes
tues- 10k run
weds- body attack, combat double
thurs- 10k run
fri- 5k run, body attack
sat- 10/15k run
sun- (rest easy day) combat and step

I plan mine, as I find it makes it easier to stick to. My usual week is:

Monday - Body Pump after work
Tuesday - 5/6km run before work, and Zumba after work
Wednesday - bootcamp before work
Thursday - Body Combat after work
Friday - rest day
Saturday - Body Combat in the morning
Sunday - 5/6km run in the morning

Trying to build up my runs to reach 10km eventually, but I'm a way from that yet!!

Mon: Zumba

Wed: Toning class

Fri: retro groove and Zumba

Sat: yoga

Ad hoc: Argentine Tango and disco dancing

Mon - belly dance and zumba
Tues - zumba
Wed - dance motivation (half fitness, half choreo)
Thu - zumba and belly dance
Fri - dance motivation
Sat - zumba
Sun - rest

I was doing 30 mins gym 3 times week too but have cut back when my body starting complaining!. Sometimes miss a couple as rest of life gets in the way;) but nice to do something and move most days:D

For now
Mon: Kettleworx core
Tues: cycling (outdoors or stationary bike)
Weds: Kettleworx cardio
Thurs: cycling (outdoors or stationary bike)
Fri: Kettleworx resistance
Sat: none (if you don't count housework!!!!)
Sun: walking

for now until november its this:
mon- double body attack classes
tues- 10k run
weds- body attack, combat double
thurs- 10k run
fri- 5k run, body attack
sat- 10/15k run
sun- (rest easy day) combat and step, 5k walk, spinning and body pump

edited sunday

I ride my bike to and from work (20 mins there and back), then gym sessions and Zumba sessions (when is depending on my work schedule) but I work 2/3 days a week and then gym once/twice a week and zumba twice a week. :) Exercise always has to fit in around work which is so annoying but I try and do as much as possible!

At the minute I walk 5-8 miles with my dogs most days, as well as:
Monday: Kickboxercise
Tuesday: Extra walk and small jog
Wednesday: Kickboxercise
Thursday: Jogging Club
Friday: Just the dog walks
Saturday: I try and make a total rest day (hubby does the dogs lol)
Sunday: Usually a 15-20 mile walk and or hill walking/Munro Bagging
And I fit in a swim when I can too :)

I had a gym session today but had to miss it because I really hurt my leg yesterday, looks like I'll only be able to do a little today which really really annoys me, Wii fit and walking will have to do since I need to spend most of the day resting it :(

My typical week consists:

Mon - 5k Lunchtime run
Tues - Evening Combat
Wed - Evening Combat
Thurs - Evening Combat
Fri - 5k Lunchtime run
Sat morning: Pump followed by spinning
Sun evening: Attack

Need to up the runs lunchtime to get sorted for peterborough half marathon in october...

I'm just thinking about starting exercise. i am interested in Yoga and Cardio. Has anyone tried them. Do they work?

Eek it seems a lot of people are doing stuff every day but I don't think I can commit the time to that...I suppose I can just accept slower losses as a consequence of that!

I'm just thinking about starting exercise. i am interested in Yoga and Cardio. Has anyone tried them. Do they work?

Yoga and cardio are great for burning fat and toning. I started yoga about 2 months ago and despite some people's perception that it is all hairy fairy it is in fact hard work and really packs a punch with making it all work. I think, some think you have to be jumping up and down and be full of sweat to get somewhere but it's not the case. Try doing the 'plank' and holding it for a few seconds as your whole body quivers! For cardio I like doing fun related exercise and I love music and dance so zumba and retro groove is for me!

Eek it seems a lot of people are doing stuff every day but I don't think I can commit the time to that...I suppose I can just accept slower losses as a consequence of that!

Some thing is better than nothing. What about lifestyle changes or doing stuff at home? It's great that you lose weight with or without the exercise but it's the body shape that the exercise helps with which diet alone cannot.

Have a great weekend to you both and all!

parisienne said:

I go on my Wii once my son Is in bed you have to make time i go to zumba on a Wednesday too thats a fab workout and its fun :)

Yoga and cardio are great for burning fat and toning. I started yoga about 2 months ago and despite some people's perception that it is all hairy fairy it is in fact hard work and really packs a punch with making it all work. I think, some think you have to be jumping up and down and be full of sweat to get somewhere but it's not the case. Try doing the 'plank' and holding it for a few seconds as your whole body quivers! For cardio I like doing fun related exercise and I love music and dance so zumba and retro groove is for me!

Some thing is better than nothing. What about lifestyle changes or doing stuff at home? It's great that you lose weight with or without the exercise but it's the body shape that the exercise helps with which diet alone cannot.

Have a great weekend to you both and all!

thanks for your great suggestion. I will try.

Blimey there's so amazing amounts of exercise going on!
I was doing none at all then in April I did the 30 day shred which I did about 5 times a week depending on which days I had time. I then started running, did the c25k and am now slowly extending my distance ready for a 10k in October. I'm now only running about twice a week as I suffer with shin splints so need to rest in between. I am thinking about starting to do 30DS on some of the days I don't run.

I made a commitment in January to go to the gym 3 times a week. Seven months on, I am basically still doing it, and average session length has increased from 45 mins to about an hour. I mainly do strength training, with just a little cardio. I also started out doing a long walk once every couple of weeks.... Long then was 4-5miles, now it's 10. In May I started running..... well, mostly walking, with short bursts of jogging thrown in until I get out of breath, then back to walking until I'm ready to run some more. I do a 3 mile route, and total running time is no more than 15 minutes at the mo, but gradually increasing. I can only run once a week at the moment, though, because of knee pain.

My working life is irregular as I work from home, not set hours, but have a lot of meetings and visits. So I have to think about when I can fit my gym visits or running in.... long walks tend to be on my day off. In a typical week I will do 3 gym visits (not on consecutive days), a run, and maybe a walk as well - exercise on 4 or 5 days per week. I also try to be more active in daily life, e.g. walking to shops, taking things upstairs now rather than waiting till I'm going up for some other reason.

Barbara

Back