What's your family's favourite sw meal

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by meme, 23 January 2014.

1. meme

meme Well-Known Member

Am looking for some new exciting sw dishes, getting a bit fed up the the same old meals every week and looking for some exciting recipes to try! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app
  2. ariescat

ariescat Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have my own family per se, but me and my friends really love good old fashioned mince and potatoes, with a big heaped serving of turnip on the side. Can't go wrong on a cold winter's night with mince and totties! :)
  3. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

my hubby LOVES my pork and hoison sauce with noodles - and hes not even doing sw! really simple too :)
  4. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Well-Known Member

Bacon and leek risotto or lamb shank dinner

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app
  5. weemissnaughty

weemissnaughty Well-Known Member

Ohh that pork sounds amazing, do u have a recipe? Me and my bf just had pork with sweet chili philly light ontop and "breaded" with smash with tomato/veg pasta mmm - he loves it too!
  6. koolstar

koolstar Member

We love diet coke chicken! Even my very fussy child will eat it!
  7. steph1212

steph1212 Well-Known Member

Spinach and mushroom cannelloni or a 'fry up' slimming world style!! Yum yum!!
  8. miss.mooey

serves 2
    2.5 syns per serving

1 asda chosen by you hoison sauce 120g (4.5 syns)
    3 pork chops (all fat removed)
    3 nests of blue dragon egg noodles (any will do)
    1 onion chopped
    1 red pepper chopped
    1 leek chopped
    soy sauce

cut all ur fat off the pork chops,

put between cling film and beat within an inch of its life... or till thin then cut into thin strips,

spray ur wok with fry light and fry ur veg, then add ur pork strips

cook ur noodles as directed drain and add to ur pork and veg

add ur soy sauce and hoison sauce and mix thoroughly and serve.

u can use watever veg u want, ive had it with carrots and bean sprouts but these are the ones i tend to get the best results from
  9. Vavaness

Vavaness Well-Known Member

+1 for Diet Coke Chicken! Made it last night for the first time and it was delicious! :)
  10. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

good old chilli con carne ..

I also discovered recently that my favourite refried beans are a free food!!! yummy with chicken with onions, peppers filled into tacos (3 sins per taco) and wedges(hm sun free) or rice
  11. beslim2014

beslim2014 Well-Known Member

That sounds lovely, do you have a recipe for it?
  12. chatty65

chatty65 Member

hi can you tell me how you get to apply the slimming world badges as im not a computer wiz:confused::confused:
  13. meme

meme Well-Known Member

Mmm some lovely ideas! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app
  14. Ymf

Ymf Active Member

Hi I heard about refried beans being free but which brand are they? I saw that the tinned old El Paso ones have sunflower oil in them so assumed it wasn't them? Thanks in advance :)
  15. Embo

Embo Member

My children love SW cottage pie, Lasagne and KFC chicken :)
  16. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

I've just won DH over with SW Bolognese - and he is a real fussy blighter too!

No idea, but, hopefully someone will answer you soon :)
  17. miss.mooey

18. Wegle

Wegle Well-Known Member

My favourite is a good ole fashioned sunday roast. However as I'm a veggie I use the Quorn Family roast which is delicious. I also make a cheesy sauce from Kerry Low Low to have instead of gravy which makes my roast completely syn free.
  19. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

Been experimenting quite a bit recently, though so far my favourite has been syn free madras curry with pilau rice (schwartz seasoning) with a syn free onion bhajee. Tastes great and is very filling :)
  20. beachbabetobe13

beachbabetobe13 Well-Known Member

So far it's Hunters Chicken. Going to try more recipes out over the next few weeks :)