What's your "THE Perfect Dress" you're aiming for?

Nymeria

I've come across some posts/threads with people mentioning that there's a specific clothing or event they're wanting to lose weight for. Do you have a dress in front of your closet that you have hanged up for inspiration?

I have been browsing around to find something that I want to aim for but although the prospect of this is really exciting there doesn't seem to be something that I've found as of yet.

I'm a size 18-20 but wanting to aim for a size 14 dress. Yes, it's a big goal but I'm hoping having something real in front of me will push and motivate me further.

I'm trying to avoid something black (even though I like it so much) but something that is really special. Any ideas where I can look for some stylish yet affordable dresses?

I would love to see everyone's "goal" clothing and their reasoning behind it. =]

deff my summer clothes:( i've kept them all and my fav jeans theyre all size 5-7's i cannot wear them anymore ..hopefully i will soon!

boohoo.com have some really nice affordable dresses

i'm aiming to get into a size 14 dress, pref a body con dress, i'm not too bothered about the weight I just want to look nice in one of these dresses or skirts (skirts for when i go back to work from mat leave)

I bought a pair of D&G jeans Just before my weigh exploded and I've never worn them. They hang in my wardrobe they are a size 14 can't weight till I'm wearing them. Its good to have a goal

I started a size 18-20. I've got some dresses that worked as great motivation, all size 12's (and one very stretchy 10) and I can wear them now. But I do have a pair of size 8 jeans in my wardrobe that I'm determined to get into one day hehe.

Hoz said:
I started a size 18-20. I've got some dresses that worked as great motivation, all size 12's (and one very stretchy 10) and I can wear them now. But I do have a pair of size 8 jeans in my wardrobe that I'm determined to get into one day hehe.

That's great to hear,how long did it take you? maybe I should hang my jeans on the fridge ;-)

Definitely get your jeans out! Hehe, I leave the door open on the wardrobe so I can see them ;-)
It took about 2 years to drop from a 20 to a 16. Only because I was too lazy to commit to getting healthier And I just yo-yo'd and hovered for ages, I could have done it a lot quicker but I just didn't have the motivation at the time.
Going from a 16 to the 12/10 and losing the last 25lbs has taken me about 11 weeks, I started losing weight around mid December :)

I had my clothes from when I got to goal 2 years ago and now most fit. It's great motivation to have them around :D

Last edited:
Hoz said:
Definitely get your jeans out! Hehe, I leave the door open on the wardrobe so I can see them ;-)
It took about 2 years to drop from a 20 to a 16. Only because I was too lazy to commit to getting healthier And I just yo-yo'd and hovered for ages, I could have done it a lot quicker but I just didn't have the motivation at the time.
Going from a 16 to the 12/10 and losing the last 25lbs has taken me about 11 weeks, I started losing weight around mid December :)

Yeah Hoz that's the thing you've got to be motivated and be commited to succeed in weight loss, them jeans of mine are defo coming out on show today x

Lose2Win said:
I had my clothes from when I got to goal 2 years ago and now most it. It's great motivation to have them around :D
I can't weight lose2win to be saying the same as you "I been at goal SINCE"......... so do you think that being on the form after you've reached your goal helps to maintain you weight?

I dont have a dream outfit.

I am learning to make clothes and i have a vision of the dress that i am going to make when i think it will suit me, i need to measure myself so i haven't made it yet but i have baught the jersey fabric for it. it is teal (dark turquoise) i plan to make a halterneck with a small cowl in the front with a hitched skirt to the calf.

Euro how clever are you, I wouldn't know where to start. I'm not a dress wearer but love the styles in the mags at the moment with the darker panels down the side, to give shape and the look of a waist.
:)

Oooh, very nice. i prefer more drapy thing. i don't wear dresses much either as i have wide shoulder and narrow hips and dresses tend to enhance that. Also as i am fairly new to tailoring, dresses are much simpler to make then trousers or jackets.

here is the kind of thing i was going for, a halter neck cowl but with a different skirt.

Pearlized JESSICA Draped Cowl Neck Halter 3 in 1 Mini Dress Gold - Stylehive

Oh yes that dress is georgeous loved the colour aswell, it drapes beautiful. I can understand that been your goal.

sididd said:
I can't weight lose2win to be saying the same as you "I been at goal SINCE"......... so do you think that being on the form after you've reached your goal helps to maintain you weight?

Hi Sididd I'm not at goal yet 10lbs until I get to what I was before. But this time I'm aiming to go a bit lower so really I've got 15lbs to go.

I find this forum great and really couldn't be without it!! I find things are so much easier this time around, with all the support that I'm getting. I feel quite confident that I'll keep it off this time.

Yes I find this forum much better than a club you attend weekly, I joined ww a few years ago got dragged into being a clerk, so it then became another job to me so never lossed with ww, well can't blame that 100% . But find reading how motivated people are it defo rubs off x

Back