Whats your Xmas eve traditions????

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by brideweightwar, 17 November 2010 Social URL.

1. brideweightwar

brideweightwar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Ok we were all having a chat in work today about our xmas eve traditions and it got me feeling all happy :) /excited about xmas!!!! Cant wait!!!

So quite a few of us in work have xmas traditions!!!

My Xmas eve is spent trailling my dad around the shops to buy his xmas pressies for my mum!!! I know talk about last min lol!!! Then its home to my 2 boys and we get take out for dinner open 1 xmas pressie each, always the same pressie of new pj's to wear on xmas eve. Them we watch muppets xmas carol with the duvets around us and a tub of pick and mix lol!!!!!!

So whats ur traditions????? :26:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I sometimes prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas Day as it's quite relaxed and chilled out.
    We have a big buffet, invite the family round, open one present each - just like you, new PJ's for Christmas Eve!!! Then stay up late watching rubbish tele with sweeties and biscuits.

Mini likes this.
  4. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well mine use to be the whole milk and cookies for Santa thing with my little brother, then trying to make him going to bed at a reasonable hour to do the sack. But this will be a year of new traditions as its mine and OHs first xmas in our flat!!!

It will probably involve drinking and watching tele lol xx

Mini likes this.
  5. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well mine is changing this yr again.

Usually working or when I still lived in Essex driving up the motorway (before and after my 3 yr old) then help with last bit of shopping for mom, bath an go out dressed up for Xmas with mates to local club!

This year as Jacob is 3 and it's my first Xmas with new partner in our own house we gonna eat take out watch all Xmas DVDs just me my son n partner. Get Jacob to bed so me n jay can drink and watch DVD together all snuggled on sofa then move all pressys under the tree as Santa has come lol

6. brideweightwar

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think i prefare xmas eve to Xmas day as well!!! I dont know there is just something magical about xmas eve no matter what age you are!!!! Pesty U should defo start a tradition something that you can do each year to get in the xmas spirit!!!

7. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Forot lettin Jacob do something for Santa and his reindeer :)

8. brideweightwar

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I love it leeanne!!! I love the whole santa thing xmas is difnatley better when u have kids!!! Just more expensive lol!!

9. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I get my two babies new pj's too!! (3 & 18months)

I love xmas eve aswell, think its really nice with low lights, nice warm house, pj's & slippers & a big glass of wine then the mamouth task of arranging all the pressies!! I keep them out of the way till xmas eve so they are mega excited - my 3yr old really understands this year too so I am extra excited!!

I also will be setting the dining room ready for our xmas feast :D

Mini likes this.
  10. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    We let madam open a present before bed. She has new PJ's anyway so the present is usually a small one from a relative. Then when she's in bed i open a bottle of wine and we begin building presents, last minute wrappings and having a giggle to music :)

Mini likes this.
  11. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    For me too it is a year of change and after 25 years of spending Christmas Eve preparing as much as I could for Christmas lunch for between 20 and 30 people this year I am being taken out !! It is a nice dinner out for us..........first time ever.

Then home to the T.V. and our animal family, a roaring log fire and a cuddle.

Mini likes this.
  12. Shelly Star x x

Shelly Star x x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I'm working this Christmas eve, but its not work as in boring i look after kids in care and for somereason i love it.... I just love getting them all excited and stuff, but when i finish i'll be hitting the pub and catching up with everyone haha.. :) I'm getting rather excited now for Christmas now x x

Mini likes this.
  13. elb4160

elb4160 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    20st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We ALWAYS have a curry on Xmas eve and then will probably watch a film.
    My Nan always used to say it was officially christmas at 6 o'clock because the shops were shut and if we didnt have it by then it was tough we werent having it! (regarding the mad christmas food shopping everyone seems to do!)

This year will be the our 3rd Xmas in our own place and our 3rd xmas with my mum haha no peace for us!

Mini likes this.
  14. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My husband and my eldest go shopping to get my xmas and birthday presents and to deliver the last of the cards and presents to the relatives, me and the other 2 just normally potter round the house watching dvds etc, then we have a nice dinner, baths for us all, bit of telly, cookies and milk for father christmas and then bed for the kids.
    We give them an hour or so to get to sleep then we have to get the stockings and presents down and under the tree, then we go to bed,
    I love christmas eve:D

Mini likes this.
  15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    This is my first year being retired :D. However I shall still watch Love Actually with a glass of sherry!

16. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    That is one of my favourite ever films:)

judimac likes this.
  17. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last year was mine and OH's first Xmas while living together so we cooked a nice home made meal Xmas Eve, then opened one gift each and cuddled on the sofa.

This year we will be driving to my parents in Wales as we're spending Xmas eve and day with them this year. My dad will be cooking a meal for us all (my Nan spends Xmas with my parents every year) then we'll have a few drinks, maybe play some games and relax.

Xmas day we'll open gifts then my dad and mum will cook the dinner while me, OH and Nan relax and chill out, then we have a big family dinner. After dinner my dad and nan will have a glass of port and fall asleep in front of the TV while the rest of us go for a walk and then spend the evening relaxing.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    Me too, and I am watching it on Saturday as I always watch it 5 weeks before Christmas :)

Christmas Eve is the first Christmas that OH and I are spending in our first house together. We're going to go for a curry (as I used to do that with mum and dad before I moved out) and then we're going to go to Midnight Mass at Brentwood Cathedral.

Most of the day will be spent preparing veg for dinner, and pottering about :)

Can't wait!

xxx

20. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My actual xmas day routine is to go to the local pub with OH and have a few drinks with close friends, then its off to my mums as its her bday on xmas day!! This year it will be extra special cuz its her 50th!

Im going to do all the cooking and i'll have my 12 month old nephew over!! It should be great!! xx

21. ceriann

ceriann Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Controlled
    Drinking a whole bottle of sherry - hic!

22. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I usually spend Xmas eve wrapping all my mum's presents to the family (apart from my own!). I'm a bit of an obsessive Capricorn, so I can't stand watching my mother wrap presents - it takes her hours, lol! Half an hour and I've got the job done, lol! :8855:

Other than that we usually spend some time preparing food for Christmas day, things like the chestnut stuffing, and the sage, onion and sausagemeat stuffing (as you can tell I plan on having Christmas day off plan :eek:), and I'll probably make some mince pies etc. I love cooking for Christmas! :D xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.