whay is it so hard to stay off the scales

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kikuka, 6 March 2008 Social URL.

1. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    ARRRRGGHHH

After setting myself a weigh in target for good friday, I find myself staring at the scales every day! Why is it so hard to stay off them? I spent years avoiding them as well!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    They should be banned from being made for the General Public to purchase.... Infact I think only licenced dieticians, Drs, etc etc should be able to have them :D:D:D....

THEY ARE EVIL xx

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I got rid of mine! I need them as I dont go to classes or anything but mine have been banished to my parents house & I only weigh myself once a week. I cant be trusted to have them in the house lol

5. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

they become addictive, I've tried staying off them, mine will be banished to the loft very soon, I stand on them have a wee then stand on them again just to see if I weigh less, first thing butt naked then once I'm dressed, it is total madness. :D:D:D:D

6. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I'm the same i go on the scales everyday , is this a good thing or bad huh lol

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I tried, I failed... what am I talking about... I never tried, have weighed daily all the way through, probably always will!!

Georgie
    xx

8. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i have been on my scales about 5 times today!
    thats wat i get for not normally being at home

9. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have weighed everyday 3 times for the last 3 days. This morning was showing a gain so guess who was in a grump?? :mad: :cry:(and i've been 100% good)

Got home tonight to find BF (bless him) has hidden them :D how thoughtful is that!! He says that way I won't be tempted to check on progress each day and just take my official WI as progress on a weekly basis.

I know he's right, but it's soo hard to not be curious!!!

10. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Argh, I'm obsessed with the scales! I do what Melanie does, jump on, off, have a wee, back on again!

11. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    NO COMMENT :ashamed0005: :ashamed0005: :ashamed0005: :ashamed0005: :ashamed0005:

12. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm the same lmao i must jump on about 5 times a day lol just can't help it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i left mine at my mum's house go there max once a week and hop on :) :) as clare said there EVIL

14. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    they are a bit they never go where you want them to lol

15. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I weigh myself morn and nite before and after wee lol.On WI day I put clothes on weigh change clothes weigh do this till I get my lightest clothes :D But cant hide them would have to pay to be weighed in boots every day twice lol and that would mean less new clothes .

16. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    We never had scales in the house as our girls were growing up because i didnt want them to be thinking about weight. We got some when we started our diet on Jan 7 this year and i was AMAZED at how they can affect your moods!!!!! One pound either way can make you feel so different so we have banned them again for awhile. Just measuring ourselves with baggy clothes.......and our clothes are getting baggier!

17. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

If there were a fire in my house in the morning, I would jump on the scales before evacuating. It is addictive and I have yet to resist just one morning! I do remember reading an article before though, that said those who weighed themselves regularly had better control over their weight... so maybe it is a good thing. I feel in control doing it every morning to be honest.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. to lose long trek

to lose long trek Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    All sorts of things will upset the balance of your weight loss and TOTM is one of them, are you holding on to the water you have drunk, have you been to the loo properly. I had my worst week ever when I found I had put on nearly 4lbs overnight and hadnt once cheated on the diet. I was beside myself, tearful, stressed, on the phone to my mother, anyone else that would listen to my tale of woe, the whole nine yards.
    I am now weighing myself once a week, most of the time, only once have I tried a mid week weigh in and I am so much happier. The weight is still coming off, but the diet has just become "something I am doing" instead of the huge obsession it was previously. Do yourselves a favour and put them away in a cupboard with a promise that you will let them out for good behaviour on 1 day each week. You too will become much happier.

20. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That's a great idea annie d

21. Meneither

Meneither The Me Is Back.........

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have broken the cycle for today have been getting up going for a wee than getting on the scales, But not today, im dertimned not to weigh myself untill at least tommorow..... lol

Me.

22. Bailey

Bailey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    The battery has gone in my scales so that has put an end to that. Mind you I've been struggling lately and it's funny how you don't want to get on the scales when you know you will see a gain.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.